Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Flash fullscreen on dual monitor

Beans

Re: Flash fullscreen on dual monitor

I've gotten full-screen flash on one of my dual monitors, and I have focus in the other monitor. I'm using Kubuntu 10.4 on my laptop w/ external monitor. I use:

• KDE
    • Nvidia-Settings Twinview
    • Chromium Browser

and under Window Behavior in System Settings I set

• Focus > Policy: focus follows mouse
    • Titlebar Actions > Titlebar & Frame, Active, Right button: Lower
    • Titlebar Actions > Titlebar & Frame, Inactive, Right button: Lower

I don't know if any of these settings are the default, but I think they're the most pertinent. To get fullscreen I do:
    1. open chromium in a window that's not maximized
    2. play the video and select fullscreen
    3. if the original chromium window isn't still on top, exit fullscreen and reselect it
    4. the chromium window is now on top of the fullscreen video,
    5. so without moving the mouse out of the chromium window
  2. right click the titlebar of the chromium window to send it to the back
  3. Focus doesn't flow to the fullscreen video, because the mouse didn't select a new window
  4. move the mouse to the other monitor, and don't move it back over the fullscreen video until the video is over

I'll admit that this is pretty hackish, both
Good luck on gnome. I don't know how to get comparable setting. Nor have I tried this with firefox.
Drew

PS - did anyone mention hulu desktop? that plays fullscreen for me no problem and stays there.
PPS - sometimes this doesn't work the second time, and I have to move the chromium window and try again. go figure?
Last edited by 3dmidi; October 16th, 2010 at 04:38 AM. Reason: Clarity and Completeness
Advanced reply Adv Reply  

Beans

Bump. Does anyone have any more ideas?

Beans

FINALLY!, I just installed Ubuntu 10.10 and it's fixed!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by mrdengue View Post
    FINALLY!, I just installed Ubuntu 10.10 and it's fixed!
    I installed Ubuntu Ubuntu 10.10 and it is not fixed. If I deactivate Compiz it`s ok, but with Compiz there is still the same problem.

I use AMD mobile Radeon with fglrx driver.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky75 View Post
    Perhaps because my monitors are different resolutions. Example is attached.
    I experience the exact same problem. One monitor is on 1680x1050, the other on 1280x1024. The one way I can achieve full screen is to run it in a Virtual Machine! This problem has been around for ages, can't believe no one managed to fix this yet!

Beans

Related thread and a workaround in the last few comments
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1009461&page=4

Beans

My solution is just to put the browser in fullscreen mode (usually f11) and place the window on the monitor of my choosing. Then I simply ctrl-+ to zoom in (or view > zoom in) until the image takes up most of the screen. It's not pretty but it works, and doesn't un-full screen if i click into a chat window on another monitor. Hope this helps somebody.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by abuelmagd View Post
    dal, you are the man.

This issue is flash related and your proposed solution simply works. I've seen a lot of ppl with a similar issue. I hope they somehow get to see your post. I put my TV on the left of my LCD and bingo. Tested on Ubuntu 9.04 with S-video out from an Nvidia Geforce 9600 GSO.

Many thanks dal.

Dal's trick worked for me too, Ubuntu 11.04. Thanks!

Beans

I am working on a different approach on fixing this issue using xdotool and wmctrl to move and resize the fullscreen flash video. It works perfectly if both monitors have the same size but needs some tweaking on different resolutions. Also, it seems that there could be a way to fix the losing fullscreen when not focused issue, but needs further testing. See http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=11170277 and would appreciate any help or input

Beans

I don't know if this works also for youtube videos, but I have a few flash video files in my computer and when I opened one, it went straight to fullscreen on the first screen and then I opened the second one and it got fullscreen on the second screen, then I was able to close the first one and keep working on the first screen with no focus problem.

I'm running Ubuntu 11.04 in an asus laptop.

I will try with youtube videos and then I'll post a response later tonight.

• Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast