Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: pSX + Intrepid Ibex = Seg Fault

Beans

Re: pSX + Intrepid Ibex = Seg Fault

A different, and in my opinion a nicer solution to the pulseaudio problem is to edit a configuration file... Open a terminal and type:

sudo gedit /etc/pulse/default.pa

I took the section that looks like this:

### Automatically load driver modules depending on the hardware available
    .ifexists module-hal-detect.so
    load-module module-hal-detect
    .else
    ### Alternatively use the static hardware detection module (for systems that
    ### lack HAL support)
    load-module module-detect
    .endif

and commented it out so that it looks like this:

### Automatically load driver modules depending on the hardware available
    #.ifexists module-hal-detect.so
    #load-module module-hal-detect
    #.else
    ### Alternatively use the static hardware detection module (for systems that
    ### lack HAL support)
    #load-module module-detect
    #.endif

and took the section that looked like this:

### Load audio drivers statically (it's probably better to not load
    ### these drivers manually, but instead use module-hal-detect --
    ### see below -- for doing this automatically)
    #load-module module-alsa-sink
    #load-module module-alsa-source device=hw:1,0
    #load-module module-oss device="/dev/dsp" sink_name=output source_name=input
    #load-module module-oss-mmap device="/dev/dsp" sink_name=output source_name=input
    #load-module module-null-sink
    #load-module module-pipe-sink

and uncommented the alsa sink and source:

### Load audio drivers statically (it's probably better to not load
    ### these drivers manually, but instead use module-hal-detect --
    ### see below -- for doing this automatically)
    load-module module-alsa-sink
    load-module module-alsa-source device=hw:1,0
    #load-module module-oss device="/dev/dsp" sink_name=output source_name=input
    #load-module module-oss-mmap device="/dev/dsp" sink_name=output source_name=input
    #load-module module-null-sink
    #load-module module-pipe-sink

Save the changes and reboot. I haven't had any problems with pSX since and all other applications using sound seem unaffected as far as I can tell.

Beans

Never mind about my previous post... I was actually causing pulseaudio to fail to load, which I might as well have been turning pulseaudio off entirely or killing as suggested previously.

Beans

Hey all, long-time lurker posting my experience here.

I'm running Intrepid on an older Dell Desktop model (I'm thinking it's possibly a Dimension or an Inspiron, not sure), and I was having the same issues with pSX + pulseaudio.

Interestingly enough, killall-ing pulseaudio would also kill audio output on Firefox for the remainder of my session. To regain audio for YouTube, I'd have to log out and log back in.

But by tweaking with the sound options on pSX, I think I managed to get a fix on this. I specified the device my Dell seems to like (VIA 8237), and it ceased giving me problems afterwards. I was able to launch pSX after startup with no problems, and Firefox audio remained.

Hopefully this'll be of some assistance.

-Moncho

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Maybe a tab off topic, but why go over all this hassle? You can use ePSXe though WINE. Works perfectly. No sound problems. And much more graphical enhancing output settings. Just a thought.
    Currently running Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal (64bit) installed on core i7 950/ 6GB/Geforce GTX 460 SOC 1GB system.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

In 10.10 you have to add
    Code:
    autospawn = no
    to client.conf in the .pulse folder in your home before you can killall pulseaudio

Beans

I still get the segmentation fault even after changing autospawn to no.

Beans

I dont know if I all of You having seg fault have ATI graphic cards, but I do (Mobility Radeon HD 5470) and I have found dependence between fglrx drivers and pSX crashing. When I have fglrx installed, pSX won't run. And when I uninstall them, pSX runs, but flickers when something else on the desktop is happening or moving or simply when I move pSX window.

Of course when I reboot the system graphics are dead, so I must install fglrx again. I hope it's because of catalyst being old (I have 10.2 or something), I'll try with new version now (11.11), hope it works. Or maybe You have another solution for this? Do I have to install ATI drivers or the ones proposed by Ubuntu? (I don't know if pSX works with the Ubuntu ones, though).

I'll try with catalyst 11.11 and tell You how it worked.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123