Thread: Cannot mount truecrypt volume over network

Hybrid View

Beans

Cannot mount truecrypt volume over network

Is it possible to mount a truecrypt container located on another computer on the local network? I'm connected to the other computer via ssh, but when I browse to the file container on the other computer, I get a "permission denied" error when I try to mount it. I am running truecrypt 6.1 and ubuntu 8.04.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Re: Cannot mount truecrypt volume over network

Have you checked the permissions of the Truecrypt container on the other machine? Does it belong to another user?

In a terminal, type: ls -l /location/of/truecrypt/container (/home/test/containers/container1, etc)
    Helping people crawl out of their Windoze...
    Please read THIS before asking if Anti-Virus and Firewalls are needed.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (testing)

use sshfs instead to mount the remote folder into the local filesystem.

Beans

It seems that I have read/write permissions on the truecrypt container. I have also tried connecting to the other computer using sshfs and still get the 'permission denied' error when I attempt to mount the volume.

I can even create a new truecrypt volume on the other computer over the network, just can't mount it.

Quote Originally Posted by olepi View Post
    It seems that I have read/write permissions on the truecrypt container. I have also tried connecting to the other computer using sshfs and still get the 'permission denied' error when I attempt to mount the volume.

I can even create a new truecrypt volume on the other computer over the network, just can't mount it.
    I'm having identical problems in 8.10.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by olepi View Post

I am having the same issue. I can connect via sshfs and create new TC containers over the network. However, when I try to mount it I get a 'permission denied' error. I have also tried creating a container locally and I'm able to mount it. Then transferring the container over to my server and attempting to remount it but I get the same error. Anyone out there actually able to do this or get it working? Thanks.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Hey guys... you might want to try the Truecrypt forums: http://forums.truecrypt.org/

Take Care and Good Luck

PS. If you find a solution, be sure to post it back here and mark this as solved so everybody can use it
    Helping people crawl out of their Windoze...
    Please read THIS before asking if Anti-Virus and Firewalls are needed.