Thread: PCSX did not survive the move to 13.04

Beans

PCSX did not survive the move to 13.04

I have some of my old favorite PSX games backed up on ISO, and would use ubuntu to run them on my laptop when out of town. They were working just fine in 12.10, but since I upgraded to 13.04, the screen appears scrambled and crammed into the top half. I tried to take a screenshot to show exactly what I mean, but the picture just comes up blank. I made sure to update the BIOS file and memory cards with the move, and these are the same ISO files that ran fine before. Are there plugin issues that changed with 13.04 that I need to be aware of?

Beans

Re: PCSX did not survive the move to 13.04

I don't think anything in 13.04 would have done that? This may need to be asked in a different thread to get more attention. You can also stick with 12.10 or earlier if this is a big issue.

Beans

Where would be a good place to post it? I just put it in Emulators because I figured someone else who uses this program might have had the same issue and figured out how to fix it.

Beans

Make a backup of your memory card folder, and save states. Along with any configurations you want (this can be redone though).
    Now uninstall the emulator completely (including mem card files, and save states, keep backups in a seperate file). Now update system, and install any package upgrades. Reinstall. Reconfigure, and see if your iso files play properly, just copy mem card folders, and save states back into their respective folders. I do not have 13, just 10.04 never had a problem, only when windows did a similar thing.