Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: Install (G)FCEUX 2.0 NES emulator

Beans

Re: HOWTO: Install (G)FCEUX 2.0 NES emulator

Quote Originally Posted by daring derelict View Post
    hello, I read all of the posts sofar, I tried to upgrade from fceux 2.02 to 2.03, upon running the script for gfceux i get
    oops that was my bad

i moved around some of the files and forgot to commit them to subversion

its fixed in the latest subversion, so run svn update and try try agian

Quote Originally Posted by MistoffelesCat View Post
    along the same lines . . . I've successfully compiled and installed fceux and gfceux, the graphics work, the sound is fine (8.10 on a Dell Mini 9, sound fix applied). However, the key mapping is proving problematic. I can run the gfceux input utility, and it seems to accept the keystrokes. However, when attempting to run a ROM, no input is accepted.

I've tried using only alpha keys, and also using the control keys. Is there a known issue about the mini keyboard? Or am I missing something?

Finally, I'm not sure which file would need to be edited to manually correct this issue, but if someone can point me in the right direction, I'm happy to try.

Thx!
    I'm in the same situation, different hardware. All libraries were installed for compilation. Sound and graphics work. But fceux does not detect keystrokes within the rom. running 'fceux --inputcfg gamepad1 romname' gives me the prompt and it modifies the file ~/.fceux/fceux.cfg accurately but it has no effect within the game. it's as though fceux.cfg is not being read.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by slightlystoopid View Post
    I'm in the same situation, different hardware. All libraries were installed for compilation. Sound and graphics work. But fceux does not detect keystrokes within the rom. running 'fceux --inputcfg gamepad1 romname' gives me the prompt and it modifies the file ~/.fceux/fceux.cfg accurately but it has no effect within the game. it's as though fceux.cfg is not being read.
    it's not just you and this is being looked into

can reproduce here (sometimes).

Beans

Okay, for some reason input seems to work fine on Ubuntu 8.10, but its broken on jaunty (9.04). Is the case for others?

Beans

Seems that my setup has gone bad. FCEUX was working like a champ, but I just tried to play some more and now I get this when loading a game:

Starting FCEUX 2.0.3...
    Loading /home/chris/Desktop/NES/1942.zip...

PRG ROM: 2 x 16KiB
    CHR ROM: 1 x 8KiB
    ROM CRC32: 0x171251e3
    ROM MD5: 0x0b66fdf88964235c434daff62837af60
    Mapper: 0
    Mirroring: Horizontal

FCEUD_VideoChanged
    Initializing video... Video Mode: 512 x 448 x 32 bpp
    ALSA lib pcm_pulse.c:625pulse_prepare) PulseAudio: Unable to create stream: Invalid argument

E: stream.c: Assertion 's' failed at pulse/stream.c:971, function pa_stream_drain(). Aborting.
    Aborted
    With the GUI open, I load a game, click "execute", black screen comes up briefly, then disappears back to the GUI.

I have been trying to get a DVD Ripper to work, and that may have changed something that didn't need changed. Any thoughts? (I'm still retarded with Ubuntu, so please keep responses simple for my sanity) Thanks.

*edit: Problem fixed with reboot. Leaving script here in case another newb has same issue.
    Last edited by CTolley; March 22nd, 2009 at 02:59 PM. Reason: I'm still retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by punkrockguy318 View Post
    Okay, for some reason input seems to work fine on Ubuntu 8.10, but its broken on jaunty (9.04). Is the case for others?
    negative. I'm still using intrepid 64. also, I just tried with a new usb super nintendo controller, works like a charm. also, I don't remember if it's been said, but it only seems to affect keyboard input, which for me is a standard us keyboard (specifically a chicony internet keyboard).

ok, this seems strange. in full screen mode, I can only see the very bottom 1/8 or so of the image way up at the top of the screen. is there a way to pull it down?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by punkrockguy318 View Post
    no sir, 8,10 here.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by juanmoreno92 View Post
    Ok I was able to get fceux to compile successfully using the subversion. It showed a ton of warnings but it still compiled. I was able to confirm that it worked by launching Super Mario Brothers from the commandline. Now the problem now is that the graphical frontend won't come up. I type gfceux in the terminal and this is what I get:
    Code:
    [Juan@CELL ~]$ gfceux
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/usr/local/bin/gfceux", line 32, in ?
        from config_parse import FceuxConfigParser
    ImportError: No module named config_parse
    [Juan@CELL ~]$ Super Mario Brothers.zip
    NOTE: I am doing the compiling on my PS3 since it's main core is based on the PPC architecture lol. It still acts as a full PPC computer though.
    I definitely need help in compiling up this fceu emulator. I tried this before but I was unsucessful and since then I have given up. This was a few months ago.

You have written something about that you have decided to use the subversion of GFCEUX. Where can find this??

(At the present I have the old version 0.98.12 working but with no GUI and I don't know how to use frameskip without the python GUI which I'm used to, maybe I can get some help with this too?)
    Last edited by khelben1979; March 29th, 2009 at 08:33 AM.
    Debian 8.0 "Jessie"
    HP laptop (15-ab064no-Nordic)
    Linux user since 1999.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by khelben1979 View Post
    I definitely need help in compiling up this fceu emulator. I tried this before but I was unsucessful and since then I have given up. This was a few months ago.

You have written something about that you have decided to use the subversion of GFCEUX. Where can find this??

(At the present I have the old version 0.98.12 working but with no GUI and I don't know how to use frameskip without the python GUI which I'm used to, maybe I can get some help with this too?)
    All I did was go to sourceforge where fceux is hosted and go to SVN Browse under Code. I then clicked Download GNU tarball at the bottom and the source was downloaded. I untar'ed everything, cd'ed into fceu first, built that with scons, and then went to install gfceux using the setup.py script. Pretty easy.

Basically after downloading the source followed the instructions in the stable release to build it.

Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast