Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: Install (G)FCEUX 2.0 NES emulator

Beans

Re: HOWTO: Install (G)FCEUX 2.0 NES emulator

Quote Originally Posted by billc123 View Post
    I figured out it is F1 to quit now instead of escape. But i still am having problems with up, and left on the gamepad, sound, and the mouse cursor in the new version. If anyone knows the answer please let me know- thanks...
    f1 isn't quit, it's actually the cheat menu but this can only be accessed from the command line. make sure you quit by closing the window or alt-f4 etc... if you don't launch from a terminal, f1 will cause fceux to keep running (not good)

Beans

This may have been fixed in the latest subversion, you might want to compile that and see if that fixes your issue. Also, what processor arch are you running on? I'm write and test on Ubuntu 8.10 x64. Also, what window manager are you using ?
    I am running ubuntu 8.10, but not 64 bit. My cpu is Intel pentium dual core. The computer is a Dell inspiron 1525 laptop. How could I check the window manager? sorry, but I am still new to linux.

where would I find the latest subversion? thanks- I used the source from above (first post in this thread). I don't know if the latest subversion is newer than that or no?

The gamepad is a Microsoft sidewinder USB gamepad. (i know no one likes MS, but i always liked that gamepad- lol). When I go to up for calibration it takes 3 times usually. I tried it over and over. Maybe it just doesn't like that game pad for some reason (probably because linux and MS are natural enemies- LOL). All the other functions on the gamepad work great, but not up and left. I had the same problem with the old version but finally got it to work somehow. I must have tried calibrating it at least 50 times and just got lucky once. It is actually mapped correctly in the old one. Maybe I could just copy a config file from the old one to the new one since it works ok in the old one?

But how can I close the window if it is full screen though? in the old version escape key worked- but other than alt enter, then click on the X, I don't see how to close it correctly -thanks.

Bill
    Last edited by billc123; December 2nd, 2008 at 12:45 AM.

Beans

I am running ubuntu 8.10, but not 64 bit. My cpu is Intel pentium dual core. The computer is a Dell inspiron 1525 laptop. How could I check the window manager? sorry, but I am still new to linux.

where would I find the latest subversion? thanks- I used the source from above (first post in this thread). I don't know if the latest subversion is newer than that or no?
    you can oufa

the latest subversion is the latest code that you need to compile to run. inductions are on the "Code" page of sourceforge. if you're a new user, you might want to steer clear of using subversion code.

Your gamepad should work fine, so long as it is supposed by linux. As long as a joystick has linux support (ls /dev/js*),

Closing the window in fullscreen involves two sets of keys: alt-enter and alt-f4. i don't see the big problem withhaving to leave fullscreen.

Oh, and I'd also like to update on some gfceux progress. A working version of the input config GUI is relatively stable, it just doesn't work with joysticks right now. Anyone using gfceux is welcome to test out the new inputcfg GUI and post feedback!

Beans

I figured out what was wrong with the gamepad. It was being mapped incorrectly by GFCE UltraX 202svn. I tried mapping within the program but got the same results- up and left not working. When i opened the file .fceux/fceux.cfg both up and left were mapped to the same value of 49153. i manually edited left and changed it to 49152 and the gamepad works correctly now.

i just think its easier to be able to quit full screen with one key -escape, instead of alt enter and then alt F4 - thats all. but that just my opinion. Still trying to get the mouse cursor and sound problems working though. Thanks
    ps - what is oufa?
    Last edited by billc123; December 6th, 2008 at 04:25 AM.

Beans

I figured out what was wrong with the gamepad. It was being mapped incorrectly by GFCE UltraX 202svn. I tried mapping within the program but got the same results- up and left not working. When i opened the file .fceux/fceux.cfg both up and left were mapped to the same value of 49153. i manually edited left and changed it to 49152 and the gamepad works correctly now.

i just think its easier to be able to quit full screen with one key -escape, instead of alt enter and then alt F4 - thats all. but that just my opinion. Still trying to get the mouse cursor and sound problems working though. Thanks
    ps - what is oufa?
    i think your joystick issue may have been resolved in version 2.0.3, and your sound issues are probably resolved in the latest subversion. i got rid of escape quitting because it was too easy to hit on accident

i don't know what oufa is i think i was typing something and forgot i was typing

all i can say is try 2.0.3 and wait for 2.0.4 to coem out to fix your sound issues

Beans

ok cool- thanks

did anyone ever figure out the issue where the mouse cursor is stuck in the center of the screen during full screen mode? I am having that issue as well. Funny thing is that it worked fine when I installed it and for a few days. Later (after making NO changes) the cursor just showed up once and now it is stuck in the center of the full screen mode.

I'm running in Intel Atom on ubuntu 8.04, btw

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieNixon View Post
    did anyone ever figure out the issue where the mouse cursor is stuck in the center of the screen during full screen mode? I am having that issue as well. Funny thing is that it worked fine when I installed it and for a few days. Later (after making NO changes) the cursor just showed up once and now it is stuck in the center of the full screen mode.

I'm running in Intel Atom on ubuntu 8.04, btw
    are you running fceu .9.x or fceu 2.x? that issue should be fixed in the latest fceux release.

Beans

Edit, sigh, all sound was giving me a static, a simple reboot fixed it all, and now Im getting good sound.
    Last edited by grazzt; December 20th, 2008 at 04:43 PM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by grazzt View Post
    Edit, sigh, all sound was giving me a static, a simple reboot fixed it all, and now Im getting good sound.
    glad to hear that. i'm fairly sure we got most of the sound issues out of the way in the latest svn. it should be a fairly large improvement over 2.0.3

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast