Thread: ubuntu 8.10 human theme compiz title bar flicker!!!!

Beans

ubuntu 8.10 human theme compiz title bar flicker!!!!

anyone else experiencing this, I am having this problem with an older machine with a XFX 6200 card and the latest nvidia drivers from the repositories.

any solutions?

Beans

Re: ubuntu 8.10 human theme compiz title bar flicker!!!!

yes I'm getting the same problem after both an upgrade and a clean install, but with the Studio theme.

Using nvidia driver 177.80

Beans

is there something not wrong with ubuntu? the default theme flickers with the nvidia drivers, I tried this other one called dark room and it has NO problem?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

I have the same problem with my XFX Geforce 6800GT. Everything works smoothly, but the title bar in the all the windows blinks white and then back to the Human-themed orange sporadically when moving the window around. I can post some screenshots when I get home tonight.

Beans

I guess from what I have been reading here is that the Nvidia Drivers don't play nice with the new xorg version in Ibex and thats why you get the title bar flicker with Nvidia cards. So what I did to work around it for now is installed emerald through the Synaptic Package Manager then installed some Emerald themes and I have been using that for my windows manager for now until Nvidia fixes their drivers. That has taken all the flicker away.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Quote Originally Posted by IceReaver75 View Post
    I guess from what I have been reading here is that the Nvidia Drivers don't play nice with the new xorg version in Ibex and thats why you get the title bar flicker with Nvidia cards. So what I did to work around it for now is installed emerald through the Synaptic Package Manager then installed some Emerald themes and I have been using that for my windows manager for now until Nvidia fixes their drivers. That has taken all the flicker away.
    This really helps. Thank you.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

I have been having the same issue. Not really a problem but a nuisance. I customized the Human theme from the menu by slightly changing the color of the title bar. So far no flicker.

Maybe the system does not like humans!!............