Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Intrepid: Wont connect to WPA2 enterprise network

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Intrepid: Wont connect to WPA2 enterprise network

Did any of you try WICD yet? It's a replacement for Network Manager, and it has always worked better for me.

http://wicd.sourceforge.net/download.php

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Has anyone taken the time to put in a bug in launchpad?
    Trust me, devs don't just poll the forums looking for bugs. They go to the source. If you have a problem, you should go to launchpad and tell them about it.
    Kory

Beans

I know of 4 people at my college who have upgraded from 8.04 to 8.10. Its a WPA2 Enterprise network. It worked excellent with 8.04, upgraded to 8.10, now we cant connect. It works fine with a wired connection but the wireless doesnt work. We tried a lot of work arounds and no results. Anyone out there know what is being done to solve this quite large flaw?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

I tried the whole Wicd thing... and couldnt get it to work on my WEP network at home, let alone my WPA2 at my University...
    I'm going to check out the launchpad and see whats up...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Launchpad contains two bugs related to this problem:

Bug #276980: ndiswrapper bcm4306 rev 2 won't connect regression

#276980 provides technical details and a workaround.

Bug #293869: impossible to connect to WPA and WPA2 wireless networks

#293869 contains a problem report and a link to this forum thread.

Beans

Has anyone gotten WPA/WPA2 enterprise to work?

For those of you that are experiencing these what hardware are you using and which drivers?

Also what symptoms are you experiencing? Does it simply not connect, does it give some error, or does your system completely hang shortly after attempting to connect(like mine)?

Hopefully the more information we can collect on the problem the easier it will be for the devs to troubleshoot. And that hopefully means we get a fix sooner

Beans

I have just recently tested with my Netgear WG111V2 wireless usb adapter and have found no issues. It doesn't hang and connects to the network without any issues.

The system only seems to hang when I try to connect to my schools WIFI with WPA/WPA2 with my internal Broadcom wireless. I have tried using both the default driver and the proprietary driver enabled in the Hardware manager and I get the same effect with both.

Does anyone else who sees these issues have a Broadcom wireless chipset or are you using something different?

PS: I would also like to point out that I have no trouble connecting to regular WPA/WPA2 networks as I use one at home myself. Also both regular and enterprise worked fine under 8.04 once fully updated
    Last edited by Teefs; November 5th, 2008 at 05:39 PM. Reason: clarification

Beans

I just tried WICD. suggested from:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=949871
    and in this forum too.

It looks nice but I put in WPA2 with GTK (i think) it froze just like NM did.

So far no luck with WICD

Beans

I actually have the reverse situation.
    I used to be able to connect to my WPA-TKIP network at home using Hardy, but had so many drop-out and connection issues when trying to connect to my university's network.
    Now, after a clean upgrade, the WPA 2 Enterprise network at the university works like a charm, but it axed my home network connection...
    So, it was a trade off with one network for the other...

And I tried WICD, it didn't work out though.
    Guess different mileage for different people.

Beans

Hi,
    I have a tx2524ca with BCM4322 network card and experiencing similar problem. I do connect to WPA network, but sometimes it start disconnecting/reconnecting and suddenly it crash. I can't restart X or my computer and I need to remover power. It happened 1 time at my university that use an open wireless with a VPN for logging. My caps lock key keep flashing when it crash... My logs are available here :http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...&postcount=110 .

Laurent

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast