Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Conky Pidgin Python Script

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Conky Pidgin Python Script

UPDATE

Not much of an update, just added --offlineonly option, so only offline buddies are displayed in the list.

Changes can be found here: https://launchpad.net/%7Em-buck/+arc...source.changes

The first post updated and the apt package should be available soon...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

OK, we need templates and rc lines folks (particularly those where they are using a font to display the status rather than a message).

Love the script & thanks for the contribution!

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by HarshReality View Post
    OK, we need templates and rc lines folks (particularly those where they are using a font to display the status rather than a message).

Love the script & thanks for the contribution!
    Take a look at the example files in /usr/share/conkypidgin/example, the webdings font is used in the template in conjunction with configured characters in the conkyrc to produce symbols..

Beans

Hello, thanks for all your scripts...

I don't know if my question is already answered.

Some contactse use some veeery large messages and that ruins my conky and fills the half desktop with it..

I just want to see for example

John(Available)

and no

John(Available)
    Liverpool owns-You 'll never walk alone-etc etc etc etc etc etc

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by stefanos1 View Post
    Hello, thanks for all your scripts...

I don't know if my question is already answered.

Some contactse use some veeery large messages and that ruins my conky and fills the half desktop with it..

I just want to see for example

John(Available)

and no

John(Available)
    Liverpool owns-You 'll never walk alone-etc etc etc etc etc etc

You maybe able to setup conky to have a fixed width which wont change if large length text is output. Look at the maximum width setting in your conkyrc...http://conky.sourceforge.net/documentation.html

Other than that I'd have to make some script changes, and this may be a little while off...

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by kaivalagi View Post
    You maybe able to setup conky to have a fixed width which wont change if large length text is output. Look at the maximum width setting in your conkyrc...http://conky.sourceforge.net/documentation.html

Other than that I'd have to make some script changes, and this may be a little while off...
    Thanks will check it

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by stefanos1 View Post
    Thanks will check it
    I just read your request again and if you just want to get rid of the status message altogether, you can use a custom template.

Take a look at the example conkyrc which shows how you can call the command for this. There is also an example .template file showing the idea. The example files are found here: /usr/share/conkypidgin/example/

If you were to copy the example template somewhere suitable and remove the status message line, and then use this new template that would do it. So this:

Code:
    ${voffset 5}${color3}${font Webdings:size=16}[status]${color1}${font}${voffset -5}${goto 25}[alias] ([group])
    ${color3}${goto 25}[status_message]
    Becomes this:

Code:
    ${voffset 5}${color3}${font Webdings:size=16}[status]${color1}${font}${voffset -5}${goto 25}[alias] ([group])

Beans
    Hidden!

INSTALL UPDATE

PPA Location Changes

I have created new PPA's on launchpad to sub-divide all my scripts into their own categories. As such the installation steps for conky scripts have changed, which have been updated on the first post.

You should all change the repository details using the first post steps to get new updates, no new updates will be applied to the old archive location going forwards.

By all means leave the old settings in place too, but these will not help you much.

Jaunty Package Support

I have created equivalent packages for Jaunty Jackalope in my PPA's now. They are identical to the intrepid packages but sit under a jaunty location. In my limited testing they all seem to work fine. Again the first post has been updated to describe the setup steps.

Chimo!

Beans

I just wanted to say thank you for sharing. This script works great. Using 9.04

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by error420 View Post
    I just wanted to say thank you for sharing. This script works great. Using 9.04
    Thanks for the nice feedback, it's always welcome

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast