Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Conky Pidgin Python Script

Beans
    Hidden!

Conky Pidgin Python Script

ArchLinux : Package support is present in the AUR. All my packages can be seen here: http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?SeB=m&K=kaivalagi

Ubuntu/Debian : All the script packages have now been copied into the Conky Companions PPA. Any package updates will be provided by the team through this new ppa. The ppa can be found here: https://launchpad.net/~conky-companions/+archive/ppa. To use this ppa first delete the old ppa files using this:
    Code:
    sudo rm /etc/apt/sources.list.d/m-buck* && sudo rm /etc/apt/sources.list.d/conkyhardcore*
    Then follow the modified first post instructions for the scripts

Intro

This is a simple script to display buddy info from Pidgin. The script talks to Pidgin using dbus and allows templates...

There is a README with the install, I suggest you give it atleast a quick once over! It can be found in the installation folder, normally following the path of /usr/share/conky<scriptname>/

Basic Install

Method 1: Using apt

1) Add the repository to your OS install:
    Code:
    sudo add-apt-repository ppa:conky-companions/ppa
    * Note if you are running 9.10 or below then refer to the PPA link at the end of this post for help on installing from the ppa, good guidance can be found on the launchpad site

2) Now that is done simply run the following to update your repo cache and install the script:

Code:
    sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install conkypidgin
    Method 2: Using deb file

Run the .deb file available at the Conky Companions PPA site here: https://launchpad.net/~conky-compani.../ppa/+packages

Warning, this will not ensure you are kept up-to-date. Only method 1 will do that

Method 3: Using tar.gz file

Extract all the contents of the tar.gz file to an appropriate folder, and edit the conkyPidgin script to point to the correct location where conkyPidgin.py is. The tar.gz file is available at the Conky Companions PPA site here: https://launchpad.net/~conky-compani.../ppa/+packages

Unless you are using a non-Debian based OS I don't suggest this. Users of Debian/Ubuntu flavour OS's should ideally use method 1.

Again will will not receive updates using this method. ONLY method 1 can do this for you

All further details on setup are orientated around the deb package based install, so may differ from what you choose your setup to be, if done using the tarball.

Usage Help

To use the script in conky in it's simplist form, you'll need an exec statement like this:

Code:
    ${execi 60 conkyPidgin}
    To use a template for custom output, I suggest you read the README attached, and take a look at the example conkyrc and template files that are installed to "/usr/share/conkypidgin/example".

You can get the current help options at any time by running:

Code:
    conkyPidgin -h
    or

Code:
    conkyPidgin --help
    Code:
    Usage: conkyPidgin [options]
    Options:
      -h, --help            show this help message and exit
      -t FILE, --template=FILE
                            Template file determining the format for each buddy's
                            data or account info. Use the following placeholders
                            for default buddy output: [name], [alias], [group],
                            [status], [status_message]. If outputting an account
                            listing use these placeholders: [name], [protocol],
                            [status]
      -L, --accountlisting  Show account listing with status rather than buddies
      -o, --onlineonly      Only show online buddies. If outputting account
                            listings this option limits it to enabled only.
      -a, --availableonly   Only show available buddies. If outputting account
                            listings this option limits it to enabled only.
      -f, --offlineonly     Only show offline buddies. If outputting account
                            listings this option limits it to disabled only.
      -i LIST, --ignorelist=LIST
                            A comma delimited list of groups to ignore. Partial
                            text matches on group will be ignored if found
      -I LIST, --includelist=LIST
                            A comma delimited list of groups to include. Partial
                            text matches on group will be included if found. The
                            ignorelist, if used, takes precedence. if this list is
                            omitted all groups will be included unless ignored.
      -C TEXT, --chattingtext=TEXT
                            [default: Chatting] Text to use for chatting status
                            output
      -A TEXT, --availabletext=TEXT
                            [default: Available] Text to use for available status
                            output
      -U TEXT, --unavailabletext=TEXT
                            [default: Unavailable] Text to use for unavailable
                            status output
      -N TEXT, --invisibletext=TEXT
                            [default: Invisible] Text to use for invisible status
                            output
      -W TEXT, --awaytext=TEXT
                            [default: Away] Text to use for away status output
      -M TEXT, --mobiletext=TEXT
                            [default: Mobile] Text to use for mobile status output
      -F TEXT, --offlinetext=TEXT
                            [default: Offline] Text to use for offline status
                            output
      -l NUMBER, --limit=NUMBER
                            [default: 0] Set a limit to the number of buddies
                            displayed, by default no limitation is made
      -s, --sortbylogactivity
                            If used the list is sorted by most recent activity
                            first, this is useful when limiting the list size with
                            the limit option
      -v, --verbose         Request verbose output, not a good idea when running
                            through conky!
      -V, --version         Displays the version of the script.
      --errorlogfile=FILE   If a filepath is set, the script appends errors to the
                            filepath.
      --infologfile=FILE    If a filepath is set, the script appends info to the
                            filepath.
    Development History

Development history going forwards can be seen here https://code.launchpad.net/~conky-companions/+junk/conkypidgin
    All packages available from me can be found here: https://launchpad.net/~conky-companions/+archive/ppa
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by kaivalagi; December 14th, 2010 at 11:25 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Re: Conky Pidgin Python Script

I looked at your repos and saw no pidgin version for hardy...are you going to write one? Cause that would be awesome

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by abrussak View Post
    I looked at your repos and saw no pidgin version for hardy...are you going to write one? Cause that would be awesome
    Nope, all intrepid from now on in...

If you follow the instructions it will work in hardy though

I just labelled every up as intrepid because there may be code I develop that won't work in hardy anymore....for now though all my scripts are fine in hardy. They are python based so should be fine for some time (until hardy is well out of date, i.e. python 2.5 is obsolete)
    Last edited by kaivalagi; November 4th, 2008 at 02:19 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

If a buddy has an away message, I see the HTML code.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by abrussak; November 4th, 2008 at 02:44 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

conky is just so useful
    Intel Pentium IV Northwood@2.4 GHz, 1 GiB RAM, 22" Samsung Monitor Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope
    AMD Turion 64 X2 Mobile technology @2.2GHz, 2 GiB RAM, 320 GiB HDD Windows 7 Ultimate RC1

please remember to thank those that helped you

Beans

Oh nice, that's what I supposed to do the next few days^^

Now that saves me a lot of time, thx buddy

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by abrussak View Post
    If a buddy has an away message, I see the HTML code.
    I'll take a look, just need to strip all html away I think...

Beans
    Hidden!

UPDATE

Fixed in 2.02, html should no longer be present in any status message text

The first post has been updated and the new version (2.02) is available via apt too

Chimo
    Last edited by kaivalagi; November 4th, 2008 at 10:07 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

What could be causing the name of the last person on my list to have their screen name cut off and their status missing?

My Conky

Code:
    #Conky Configuration File
    maximum_width 300
    background yes
    border_width 1
    cpu_avg_samples 3
    default_color light grey
    default_outline_color light grey
    default_shade_color light grey
    draw_borders no
    draw_graph_borders no
    draw_outline no
    draw_shades no
    use_xft yes
    xftfont 
    xftalpha 0.5
    gap_x 3
    gap_y 40
    minimum_size 5 5
    net_avg_samples 1
    no_buffers yes
    out_to_console no
    own_window yes
    own_window_type normal
    own_window_transparent yes
    own_window_hints undecorated,below,sticky,skip_taskbar,skip_pager
    stippled_borders 3
    update_interval 2
    uppercase yes
    use_spacer left
    alignment top_right
    double_buffer yes

TEXT

${color db7835}${font Capture it:size=17}System Info${voffset -4}${stippled_hr 4}
    ${color dark grey}${font Hardkaze:size=10}OS: ${color light grey}${alignr}Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron
    ${color dark grey}Kernal: ${color light grey}${alignr}$sysname $kernel 
    ${color dark grey}User: ${color light grey}${alignr}Shifty@$nodename

${color dark grey}Uptime:$alignr ${offset 10}${color dark red}${font Capture it:25} $uptime
    ${alignr}${color db7835}${time %H:%M}/23:59

${color db7835}${font Capture it:size=17}Hardware Info${voffset -4}${stippled_hr 4}
    ${color dark grey}${font Hardkaze:size=10}CPU Make:$alignr ${color light grey}Intel Celeron
    ${color dark grey}CPU Frequency:$alignr ${color light grey}$freq MhZ
    ${color dark grey}CPU Temp:$alignr ${color light grey} ${acpitemp}${color light grey}.C
    ${color dark grey}GPU Temp:$alignr ${color light grey} ${exec nvidia-settings -q GPUCoreTemp | grep Attribute | cut -d ' ' -f 6 | cut -c 1-2}.C
    ${color dark grey}Video RAM:$alignr ${color light grey} ${exec nvidia-settings -q VideoRam | grep Attribute | cut -d ' ' -f 6 | cut -c 1-6} KiB

${color db7835}${font Capture it:size=17}CPU/RAM Info${voffset -4}${stippled_hr 4}
    ${color dark grey}${font Hardkaze:size=10}CPU: ${color light grey}$alignr ${cpu}%
    ${color light grey}${cpubar 7,300}
    ${color dark grey}RAM: ${color light grey}$alignr $memperc% ${color light grey}
    ${color light grey}${membar 7,300}

${color db7835}${font Capture it:size=17}Storage Info${voffset -4}${stippled_hr 4}
    ${color dark grey}${font Hardkaze:size=10}Home $alignr ${color light grey}${fs_free /}/${fs_size /} 
    ${color light grey}${fs_bar 7,300 /}
    ${color dark grey}MediaShare $alignr ${color light grey}${fs_free /mnt/MediaShare}/${fs_size /mnt/MediaShare}
    ${color light grey}${fs_bar 7,300 /mnt/MediaShare}

${color db7835}${font Capture it:size=17}Network Info${voffset -4}${stippled_hr 4}${color dark grey}
    ${color gray}${font Hardkaze:size=10}Local IP:${color light grey}${alignr}${addr eth0}
    ${color dark grey}Internet IP:${color light grey}${alignr}${pre_exec wget -O - http://ip.tupeux.com | tail}
    ${downspeedgraph eth0 38,145 969400 1c5c00} ${alignr}${upspeedgraph eth0 38,145 969400 830000} 
    ${voffset -45}${color dark grey}Down:${color light grey}${downspeedf eth0}Kbps${color dark grey}${alignr}Up:${color light grey}${upspeedf eth0}Kbps${color dark grey}
    ${color dark grey}Down: ${color light grey}${totaldown eth0} ${color dark grey}${alignr}Up: ${color light grey}${totalup eth0}

${color db7835}${font Capture it:size=17}Online Friends${voffset -4}${stippled_hr 4}
    ${color dark grey}${font Hardkaze:size=10}${execpi 60 conkyPidgin -o --template=/usr/share/conkypidgin/example/conkyPidgin.template}
    My conkyPidgin

Code:
    <alias>${alignr}${color white}<status>${color dark grey}
    "Your router is like your gatekeeper, and you are a ****** lord if you don't know your castle gates are open." -zarquad

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by slinkey1981 View Post
    What could be causing the name of the last person on my list to have their screen name cut off and their status missing?
    add this above TEXT:

Code:
    text_buffer_size 2048 # use 1024 for the forecast
    hippyrandall.com | This is the first age that's paid much attention to the future, which is alittle ironic since we may not have one. -- Arthur Clarke

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast