Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Conky Pidgin Python Script

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Conky Pidgin Python Script

Quote Originally Posted by Xerran View Post
    Will my "conkyPidgin.py" help?
    Not really

Pidgin just crashed on me, but without any conky running...it is not that stable...

You may need to decrease the refresh interval of the execi for conkyPidgin...

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by kaivalagi View Post
    Not really

Pidgin just crashed on me, but without any conky running...it is not that stable...

You may need to decrease the refresh interval of the execi for conkyPidgin...
    Please forgive me for being such a n00b, I am in the conkyPidgin.py file but do not know what to look for.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Xerran View Post
    Please forgive me for being such a n00b, I am in the conkyPidgin.py file but do not know what to look for.
    Your ~/.conky/conkymain file has the command to call conkyPidgin in it, that command may need adjusting so the refresh rate is lower
    e.g. ${execi 1 conkyPidgin ...} or ${exec conkyPidgin ...} would become ${execi 5 conkyPidgin ...} so instead of refreshing every second it would every 5...

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by kaivalagi View Post
    Your ~/.conky/conkymain file has the command to call conkyPidgin in it, that command may need adjusting so the refresh rate is lower
    e.g. ${execi 1 conkyPidgin ...} or ${exec conkyPidgin ...} would become ${execi 5 conkyPidgin ...} so instead of refreshing every second it would every 5...
    This is what I get in the .conkyrc file pertaining conkyPidgin:

${font Liberation Sans:style=Bold:size=8}PIDGIN $stippled_hr${font}${if_running pidgin}
    ${voffset 4}${execpi 10 ~/.scripts/conkyPidgin.py -o -s -l 5}${else}
    ${voffset 4}${color0}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=12}4${font}${color} Pidgin not running${endif}
    Last edited by Xerran; August 14th, 2009 at 10:19 PM.

Beans

Kaivalagi, thank you so much for your help.

I was still having issues, I'm using the latest version of "conky-colors" so what I did was add Pidgin to "startup applications" then edited the conkystartup.sh file so that conky loads after 60 seconds and it is working out OK so far.
    Last edited by Xerran; August 15th, 2009 at 09:13 PM.

Beans

Nice script, is there anyway to just list the online users and not their personal messages, the group they're in & their statuses?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Chris-buntu View Post
    Nice script, is there anyway to just list the online users and not their personal messages, the group they're in & their statuses?
    I'm using conky-colors. It may be what your looking for.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris-buntu View Post
    Make a custom template in your home folder based on the one here: /usr/share/conkypidgin/example/conkyPidgin.template and then use it by pointing to it with the --template option.

HTH

Beans

aaaargh , you should put the 'text_buffer_size 1024' line to the example conky config file!

i sucked so much with this

Beans
    Hidden!

I have switched OS and now use ArchLinux rather than any debian based distro. It looks like the continuing support of my scripts will be without ppa updates, and instead my time will support AUR based installs once I get to understand them. I will provide the usual tarball downloads of the source for non Arch users from within these forum.

Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast