Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else think the new banshee sucks?

Beans

Unhappy Anyone else think the new banshee sucks?

I updated my Ubuntu to intrepid and im very pleased. with the exception of the new banshee...its new interface is weird and you cant organize your songs at all. most players put your library in alphabetical order by artists. but now you cant do that...it seems like its filed completely random.

Beans

Re: Anyone else think the new banshee sucks?

I thinks it's pretty good.

It looks good and plays music well.

I don't care for sorting my music inside the player. It's sorted in nautilus.

If I need a song, I just use the Banshee search feature.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

banshee 1.0? what do you mean you cant organize your music, its sorted in that giant list which you can search and sort by title, artist, track number, album...etc

i think its fine
    Jabber: markgrandi[at]gmail.com

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

I'm not a big fan of it but I wouldn't say it sucks. I just find Rhythmbox faster and I like being able to search only in Artist name or song title etc. Also all of my videos that I'd like to keep in Banshee are flv so it can't import them into the library anyways.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Karmic Koala (testing)

Nah, Banshee 1.2 (and 1.3 development branch, who's able to import coverart from id3tag) is even better than the old, and previous, release. I like the look and the feeling of the browser with the embedded art of your music collection... Off course you have to have the music properly tagged first

We should consider the idea of replacing Rhythmbox with Banshee 1.4 in the next Ubuntu release!

Beans
    Hidden!

The last few updates to Banshee haven't impressed me at all. It seems to be getting more and more of a resource hog and is also getting slower too. I switch between Exaile and Sonata. Exaile for the 500 random song playlist, which i love and Sonata for just playing albums.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

I've steadily used Amarok for my music needs and occasionally bounced around between Banshee, Exaile, and Rhythmbox to see how they were progressing.

The latest Banshee (1.4.1) has shaped up quite nicely and is pretty close to replacing my use of Amarok. There's still a little bit of spit and polish needed (I'm stuck with some improper cover art and would love a lyrics extension).

Overall quite nice...

Beans
    Hidden!

I never liked banshee, so yes .
    Code:
    while true; do echo -n "RiceMonster "; done
    Best thread ever

Beans

Banshee looks nice and hace a nice interface, but it doesnt have sorting by genre!!!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Quote Originally Posted by CholericKoala View Post
    Banshee looks nice and hace a nice interface, but it doesnt have sorting by genre!!!
    what? Right click the Name | Artist | Title section, and click the genre button.
    Your Signature: View My Google page and Guide on Making the Linux desktop look better LHHS Linux Club
    T60 2.0GHZ-T7200 ATI-X1400M-128mb 2GB-667MHZ 80GB-5400RPM WIFI-3945 on Chakra-Project (Archlinux) w/Ext4

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast