I had 8.04 with VMWare WS 6.0.5, running an XP guest. Everything was OK.
When I upgraded to 8.10 Intrepid, 6.0.5 no longer worked since I could not find a compatible vmnet (and 2 other) modules. I upgraded to VMWare WS 6.5.0, and started my XP virtual machine.
Although the machine starts, I find that I am unable to connect to the network.
I check through the command prompt and see that my DNS resolution is OK. The Network Status indicates everthing correctly. I even unlocked (un firewalled) the network connection. Still I am unable to browse, and unable to connect to outlook (although that is on the intranet). I am able to ping my outlook server.
I checked and saw that my proxies are setup correctly, in short, it should work but it isn't.
I am using a bridged connection.