Thread: Using Flash 10 and Still No Sound on YouTube??

Beans
    Hidden!

Using Flash 10 and Still No Sound on YouTube??

I've been trying to find a solution to this and still cant get sound to play when trying to watch videos online. Previously had Flash 9 and experienced the same thing till i added libflashsupport which gave me sound but Firefox kept crashing. Does anyone have a solution that i may try?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Re: Using Flash 10 and Still No Sound on YouTube??

Quote Originally Posted by Teclas5 View Post
    I've been trying to find a solution to this and still cant get sound to play when trying to watch videos online. Previously had Flash 9 and experienced the same thing till i added libflashsupport which gave me sound but Firefox kept crashing. Does anyone have a solution that i may try?
    if you got flash 9 to work with libflashsupport then flash 10 should work just fine!
    question: did you remove flash 9 and libflashsupport? libflashsupport is not needed for flash 10 ,in fact it conflicts!
    and which ubuntu version, hardy or intrepid?
    open terminal and type locate libflash post the full output here

about solutions there are many just search the forum
    Last edited by gandaran; November 2nd, 2008 at 05:20 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!

Greetings gandaran! Yes, as far as removing both flash 9 and libsupport, i went thru synaptic and removed both. I am using Hardy. My output is:

ernesto@laptop:~$ locate libflash
    /home/ernesto/.local/share/Trash/files/libflashsupport_1.0~2219-2_i386.deb
    /home/ernesto/.local/share/Trash/info/libflashsupport_1.0~2219-2_i386.deb.trashinfo
    /usr/lib/adobe-flashplugin/libflashplayer.so
    /usr/lib/openoffice/program/libflash680li.so
    /var/cache/apt/archives/libflashsupport_1.9-0ubuntu1_i386.deb

Thanks in advance!

Beans
    Distro

hi
    look, I'm sure theres a easy fix for you, there are a lot of things you can try before you apply one of many fixes for pulseaudio that you can find here on the forum.
    yesterday I read a post here by someone that just right clicked the flash video window and sound started working, maybe something simple like that can work for you.
    try setting the sound capture to alsa first then oss or back to the original setting in system » preferences » sound, this is easy and may well work!

Beans
    Hidden!

Well, it seems to work if i close any other application that i have running at the time like Banshee. Strange that it does that. I guess i will utilize this method till a more permanent solution is found. Either way, i appreciate the help gandaran!

Beans
    Distro

Beans

try system>administration>services and check audio setttings management. worked for me lol

Beans
    Hidden!

Many thanks gandaran! The link you provided was the solution to my problem. I am still trying to figure out Ubuntu and linux in general so i hope i wasn't too much of a "noobie" pain for you. Funny to think that even though i have to put up with the lag time in getting responses and suggestions to my problems in linux, it is much more palatable than dealing with the issues (viruses and the like; along with running programs that rarely eliminate them) in redmond derived products. Thanks again!

Beans
    Hidden!

Appreciate your suggestion TORRO89! Any and all suggestion are/were not unappreciated!