Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Football Manager 2009

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: Football Manager 2009

Quote Originally Posted by ballas38 View Post
    Hi, i am new to Ubuntu so there are many things i have to learn, so forgive me for my possibly stupid question:

Does FM2009 run faster in Ubuntu than in Windows???
    Unlikely. However, equally you are unlikely to notice any significant degradation either. When I've run previous versions of FM the speed at which the game has run has been impressive.

Beans

Got my full-game copy today, but it's not working. Almost worked the first time but now it seems like I have the same problem as everyone else, the Java-problem. How do I install Sun's JVM on Wine and will it solve my problems? Really want to play FM2009 and not install Windows again.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Quote Originally Posted by tobias-mansson View Post
    Got my full-game copy today, but it's not working. Almost worked the first time but now it seems like I have the same problem as everyone else, the Java-problem. How do I install Sun's JVM on Wine and will it solve my problems? Really want to play FM2009 and not install Windows again.
    You download it (see point 4 of my original howto) and then double click on the downloaded file.

If you get an error message saying it can't open the file you can always alternatively use the commandline:
    Code:
    cd /folder/with/javadownloadfile
    wine javedownloadfile

Beans

Ok I have it working with sound and no black bar.
    I semi followed the instructions in the first post but instead of running the 2009 demo setup from the console , I went to configure wine and selected to run in win98..I clicked the fm2009demo exe and let the first box open up... I quit and then configured wine to run in winxp mode and then clicked the fm2009 demo exe again and then let it install choose advance install and make sure you don't install the directx part of the setup.
    I loaded a game played one game..it showed the black strip down the centre of the pitch and I saved and quit.
    I then went back to configure wine and chose the vista option.
    I ran the game again and the pitch is normal with no strip down the centre.. I hope you guys have as much luck as I did.
    My graphics card is a nvidia geoforce 8800gt.
    I am using the AC97 onboard sound until my soundblaster x-fi is supported more.
    BR,
    Peter

Beans

Next problem! Thanks to this thread I've been able to install it, but when I run fm2009.exe an activation pop-up shows, and this box only presents text and no buttons, equals dead end.

In order to reach the advanced option during the installation I had to choose the Uniloc-method which obviously doesn't work for me. Tried to run the installation again without success. Any ideas?

Beans

I installed the program successfully, but when I tried to execute it via the terminal I got this:

Code:
    fixme:actctx:parse_depend_manifests Could not find dependent assembly L"Microsoft.VC80.CRT"
    err:module:import_dll Library MSVCR80.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Sports Interactive\\Football Manager 2009 Demo\\saAuditMD.dll") not found
    err:module:import_dll Library MSVCP80.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Sports Interactive\\Football Manager 2009 Demo\\saAuditMD.dll") not found
    err:module:import_dll Library saAuditMD.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Sports Interactive\\Football Manager 2009 Demo\\fm.exe") not found
    err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"C:\\Program Files\\Sports Interactive\\Football Manager 2009 Demo\\fm.exe" failed, status c0000135

Beans

My dvd player doesn't want to mount the dvd game... how can i force it ?

Beans

so i copied the dvd and it works now but the install anywhere ask me every time to select a folder to extract temp files... where to extract them ?

Beans

So after installed in windows xp via virtualbox i copied the folder Football Manager 2009 in ubuntu... But when i run the game i have to activate it... how to do because there is no button to continue...

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by tobias-mansson View Post
    Next problem! Thanks to this thread I've been able to install it, but when I run fm2009.exe an activation pop-up shows, and this box only presents text and no buttons, equals dead end.
    I have the same problem...

Note i Opened a website for french speaking player of Football Manager for linux : www.fmtux.net

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast