Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Upgrade broke suspend on dv6700

Beans

Re: Upgrade broke suspend on dv6700

Hey everyone, I have had the same problem, and I have been looking for a solution for a long long time. I can't seem to figure it out, I have tried almost every single one of the tweeks that there is on the net. I still can't get it to work. Im just here to ask 2 questions:
    1) All the changes i made (to acpi file and xorg file) should i put in a live cd and go for repair? or should I just continue on using my pc as if I had never made the changes??
    2) Since there hasn't been any new posts on this thread I am just wondering If any one found a good tut or guide? If yes could someone plz post it.

I will keep on searching since suspend is a big must for me. I cant shutdown computer everytime I leave the chair. If I find something I will definitely come back to post it. And Calder is absolutely right, this is very discouraging. I am not new to ubuntu, I had it since 6.10. And now a major component of laptops is not functioning due to this bug. I sincerely hope they get this fixed soon.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Hi guys:

HP DV6700z CTO with the same problem: have to hold key during boot, no suspend, no hibernate. I am also experiencing a problem with my caps light and num light, they don't work at all. When I first switched over to Ubuntu the caps light worked, however, now it doesn't?!?!

Is this an AMD problem or is this a x86_64 problem??? Is anyone with this problem running a 32 bit version of *buntu or is everyone running 64?

Will keep you updated on my journey.

Please take it easy on these guys. Remember that *buntu has better hardware support "out of the box" than any other free flavor around and most non-free flavors as well. We don't need any more "violent" bumps.

Beans

Hey Maskman_1,

did you ever find a workaround? I have the exact same model (dv6607), with the exact same problem.

As a side note, I was using gentoo for the past year, since when I initially bought my laptop, wireless/video/sound worked in gentoo but not in ubuntu. However, in a recent (careless) upgrade, my suspend/hibernate broke in gentoo, leading me to switch to install Ubuntu, which seems to be more functional to some extent right now.

Cheers,
    eigenman

Beans
    Distro

I recently received an email from one (1) Leann Ogasawara as follows:
    Care to test the latest Jaunty 9.04 Alpha 4 release to confirm if thisissue remains? It contains a newer 2.6.28 based kernel. You should be able to test suspend via a LiveCD. Please let us know your results.
    I will be testing this over the weekend, but just wanted to post in case anyone wants to try it sooner.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

I'm looking forward to finding out if is(or will be) fixed in Jaunty. I have an HP DV6915 and have (temporarily) given up on Ubuntu due to this suspend issue. A laptop that doesn't suspend is pretty much worthless to me so I had to revert back to using Vista.

Beans

Hi all!
    I have some good news - I think I've found a workaround for this problem. At least it works for me.
    If you want to try it yourself, follow the instructions from this thread

It also seems to fix the "system freezes at boot unless you press and hold a key" bug, which is quite common on these laptops.

Beans
    Distro

Holy $#!& it works!!! Thanks so much for the tip!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345