Page 88 of 89 FirstFirst ... 387886878889 LastLast

Thread: Wacom tablets in Ubuntu guide/howto

Beans

Re: Wacom tablets in Ubuntu guide/howto

Quote Originally Posted by Favux View Post
    Good job. Nice of the KDE app. to save you from doing some ratios.
    Thx
    They also offer a nice GUI for the monitors. For example if I want I can use one monitor vertical and the other horizontal, though then it wasn't able to map correctly the tablet area.
    And also using the GUI the extra buttons were not configured properly. I had to load a script.

How 'bout that. Nice catch on the nib. Was that suppose to be a replacement nib for your Intuos4 stylus? Couldn't tell from the jpg.
    It was a wacom spring-loaded nib. While the others are rigid this one is flexible nib because it is composed by two parts connected with a spring. But I prefer the normal nib.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Do you have any recomendation how to install dual boot ubuntu and android on to Android samsung tablet?

Thank you for any help

Beans

All of a sudden, my Wacom tablet seems funny. I need to press-click several times to get it to recognize clicks. How do I uninstall and then reinstall the latest drivers? Im on Ubuntu 12.04. X.Org X Server 1.11.3 and 3.2.0-34-generic-pae

UPDATE: doh! just noticed the little plastic tip is broke no my wacom stylus! looks like Ill need to make a mechanical fix.
    Last edited by abexman; March 13th, 2013 at 02:43 AM.

Beans

This is a short experience report (not a request for help). I have a Wacom Bamboo CTH-470, and I found that when I upgraded to Ubuntu 12.04, the device worked with wired and wireless connection (wireless is via the Wireless Accessory Kit sold separately by Wacom). The only puzzle I had was getting the keys working. I use xsetwacom to set parameters to the bamboo. In particular, I disable Touch and Gesture. Reading various forums out there, I was able to set buttons for use with mypaint this way:

Code:
    xsetwacom --set "Wacom Bamboo 16FG 4x5 Finger pad" Button 1 "key x"
    xsetwacom --set "Wacom Bamboo 16FG 4x5 Finger pad" Button 3 "key e"
    xsetwacom --set "Wacom Bamboo 16FG 4x5 Finger pad" Button 8 "key z"
    Note the weird button number 8. Supposedly the button numbers get remapped, and maybe it is button 9 for that fourth physical button, as described on the HOW TO thread for the Wacom Bamboo. Now, I was disappointed that buttons weren't working when I connected wirelessly -- but it turns out this is just because the device gets a different name that way, so one needs another script:

Code:
    xsetwacom --set "Wacom Wireless Receiver Finger pad" Button 1 "key x"
    xsetwacom --set "Wacom Wireless Receiver Finger pad" Button 3 "key e"
    xsetwacom --set "Wacom Wireless Receiver Finger pad" Button 8 "key z"
    I'm just posting this as an FYI.

Beans

o.o Such a long thread....

I have 10.04 lucid and a Bamboo Capture, and would like to configure it to work in GIMP and Inkscape.

Every time I try to configure it in either program, it gives me this screen (sorry about the huge size!):

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

In the Device drop down menu select the device that says Wacom blah blah stylus and in the Mode drop down select Screen. Do the same for eraser. That will give your pen pressure in Gimp and Inkscape.

Beans

There is no option for Wacom blah blah stylus or eraser T.T

Beans
    Distro

Was the tablet plugged in?

You should also be able to see the stylus and eraser device names in a terminal in the output of the commands xinput list or xsetwacom list.

Beans

Yup, tablet's plugged in. Little blue light turns brighter blue at a touch, white when the stylus comes into range.

Code:

rachael@rachael-desktop:~$ xinput list
    ⎡ Virtual core pointer                        id=2    [master pointer  (3)]
    ⎜   ↳ Virtual core XTEST pointer                  id=4    [slave  pointer  (2)]
    ⎜   ↳ Kensington      USB/PS2 Wheel Mouse         id=8    [slave  pointer  (2)]
    ⎜   ↳ Macintosh mouse button emulation            id=10    [slave  pointer  (2)]
    ⎣ Virtual core keyboard                       id=3    [master keyboard (2)]
        ↳ Virtual core XTEST keyboard                 id=5    [slave  keyboard (3)]
        ↳ Power Button                                id=6    [slave  keyboard (3)]
        ↳ Power Button                                id=7    [slave  keyboard (3)]
        ↳ AT Translated Set 2 keyboard                id=9    [slave  keyboard (3)]
    rachael@rachael-desktop:~$

Beans
    Distro

OK, your tablet is not recognized in Lucid because it came out after Lucid did. You need to compile a newer Wacom kernel driver/module that supports your tablet and also update the Wacom X driver. See: http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=110408 You can compare your model to the ones at the top of the HOW TO by running lsusb in a terminal and looking at the Wacom line in the output.

Although Lucid (10.04) was a LTS it is no longer supported. You might want to consider installing Precise 12.04 which is also a LTS, but will have 5 years instead of 2 years of support.

Page 88 of 89 FirstFirst ... 387886878889 LastLast