Page 20 of 89 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast

Thread: Wacom tablets in Ubuntu guide/howto

Beans

Re: Wacom tablets in Ubuntu guide/howto

Quote Originally Posted by Sawer View Post
    shatterblast: Thanks I now have my pad working sort of. The scroll ring only works one way (up). how do I get this changed and how to I access wacomcpl? It shows up but it doesn't give me any options.
    One of biggest problems is finding the files to edit, I've done searches for them but don't find any that can be edited.
    As I've stated in other posts I'm not much of a geek, I do graphics stuff more than anything else, so please keep it as simple as possible.
    It appears that the device is not found in wacomcpl or xsetwacom.
    Thanks
    I'll assume you downloaded and renamed the FDI file from Favux. I double-checked the file name, and it should be all lower case instead of the capital letters I suggested. It should be:

10-wacom.fdi

For making things easy, we want this file on the "Desktop." If it helps, you can go to:

Places -> Desktop -> ensure 10-wacom.fdi exists

Next, we require Terminal for copying the file to the target folder. In Gnome, this can be found under Applications -> Accessories. Type the following:

cd Desktop

You should see the prompt end with:

~/Desktop$

After that, type:

dir

Again, one of the files should be 10-wacom.fdi. When all looks good, the next command is:

sudo cp 10-wacom.fdi /usr/share/hal/fdi/policy/20thirdparty/

The copy and paste functions help to avoid typing it out. The previous command should cause a request for your password. After it accepts the password, just reboot the computer. Hopefully, "wacomcpl" will show some devices now. If so, you can take the next steps of tweaking your tablet the way you like.

Beans

Shatterblast: I followed your instructions but end up the same as before, no device showing in wacomcpl. It's acting like there isn't a driver installed, I've reinstalled the wacom packages synaptic with no luck. My tablet shows up in /dev/input/by id, it also shows if I do lsmod. I hope you have an other idea, thanks for your input and help.
    Success yeh. I got to thinking maybe something I had done messing with xorg and such might have messed up everything. I reinstalled / and it works.
    Thanks for all your help.
    Last edited by Sawer; May 16th, 2009 at 05:17 PM.

Beans

I've been looking for the past 2 hours on how to get the scroll circle to work in bamboo. Most of what I read is in a foreign language. Would someone please help me decipher these?
    Thanks

Beans

To Favux:

I'm starting to think a .DEB file should be made that includes the FDI file. It might make installing the file easier. Or maybe a script could be made that renames the original with a .BAK extension. If so, another script could probably exist to restore the original. I could also put something together with a bit of Java that gives the option of running two scripts like that.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Sawer View Post
    I've been looking for the past 2 hours on how to get the scroll circle to work in bamboo. Most of what I read is in a foreign language. Would someone please help me decipher these?
    Thanks
    xsetwacom set pad AbsWDn "core key NumpadPlus "
    xsetwacom set pad AbsWUp "core key NumpadPlus "

I use these two lines in a script. You can just replace NumpadPlus with whatever else. You might use Wacomcpl to check what keys are assigned to what.

Beans

I just got a intuos4 and it's listed in lsusb. But it doesn't seem to do anything. Not just the buttons but stylus as well. I installed the custom .fdi above but that doesn't seemed to have helped. As well as rebooted. Any ideas?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Hi crazybus,

You will need to install the 0.8.3-3 wacom.ko. Just the wacom.ko. Do that part of the HOW TO on post #104 here: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...038949&page=11

That should get it working.

Hi shatterblast,

That sounds like a good idea if wacom in Jaunty will remain stable. Except things may be in flux. Maybe I should just improve the instructions?
    Last edited by Favux; May 18th, 2009 at 02:48 AM.

Beans

I copied the ko file and restarted but it still doesn't seem to work anyway. Should I restore the original .fdi file or do something else? Thanks so much in advance Favux

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Hi crazybus,

You may need to add "wacom" to "/etc/modules" as in post #3 here: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1038949

Beans

Thanks again. With a restart it got it working. However wacomcpl doesn't have any items in it. I need the config file to make the tablet not be backtofront (cause I'm using it lefthanded) or so I assume after reading the forum.

Page 20 of 89 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast