Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Known Intrepid Ibex bugs and workarounds

This bug is marked as fixed it seems.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by frodon View Post
    This bug is marked as fixed it seems.
    Which bug do you mean? If you mean the "places" folders, then yes, it apparently got "fixed" at some point, but I've seen at least 10 new threads on this both in "Absolute Beginners" and "General Help" over the past days, so it seems in fact to be very much alive.
    Last edited by shane19174; November 4th, 2008 at 10:36 AM. Reason: spelling
    Shane

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

No, updates takes times to reach all the mirrors and some users may have not the update available yet or just don't have an up to date ubuntu box.

So this explains why some users are still reporting this and will continue reporting this for some weeks.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by frodon View Post
    No, updates takes times to reach all the mirrors and some users may have not the update available yet or just don't have an up to date ubuntu box.

So this explains why some users are still reporting this and will continue reporting this for some weeks.
    Sorry, I see now that I gave you the wrong launchpad thread. The correct one (with regard to the "places" folders) is here: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...el/+bug/260492. Note that this has the same bug number as the one I posted before, but it's filed against gnome-panel instead of nautilus. You'll notice that this one is still "in progress," with a fix uploaded to intrepid-proposed just yesterday. The reports on this thread show that upgrades from Hardy to Intrepid are still affected.
    Shane

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Further bug, gnome-session-remove is missing.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Intrepid Compiz hangs on login for Intel i830MG and i845 video cards
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...lp/+bug/259385
    Install or upgrade to Intrepid 8.10 can't boot.
    Symptoms: after login, pc hangs with nothing but cursor black or brown or tan or orange screen (depending on the display?)
    Workaround: remove compiz as detailed in the bug report. Boot in rescue mode and in root shell prompt sudo apt-get remove compiz compiz-core

Jerry

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

CD-ROM tray closes automatically after eject

Sorry, I doubled shane19174 post.

Cheers
    Last edited by zeigfried; November 5th, 2008 at 05:47 AM.
    Anthony Accioly

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Regarding the bluetooth mouse bug, since removing avahi-daemon and avahi-autoipd, my Acer Aspire One netbook finds my MS 5000v1.0 bluetooth mouse possibly with every fresh boot. Insidentally the atheros driver I'm using is from madwifi not the default driver in 8.10 which I disabled. I've also posted my findings on this bluetooth bug thread in Launchpad. I'm not sure if there is a cause and effect or it's just a chance finding.

Subsequently report: One warm restart no working bluetooth mouse, one cold restart and it's working again.
    Last edited by Handssolow; November 5th, 2008 at 05:33 PM. Reason: Error report added

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Post Re: Known Intrepid Ibex bugs and workarounds

Apparently, Totem is installed by default in Xubuntu, but not any codecs. I just tried about 15 random videos and it didn't have audio or video codecs for any of them. Why include a movie player that can't play any movies? >_> (For that matter, why not include mplayer?)

As I've mentioned before, the keyboard is messed up. Down, Left, Numpad Down, Numpad Left (when Num Lock is off), End, Page Down do nothing, and Page Up types a slash.

The Xfce panel weather plugin doesn't seem to be showing any icons, unless the "fog" icon is just a white blob.

I can't install the Flash player for Firefox either. It either hangs at 0% or times out.

[edit] Why is Thunderbird the default image viewer when an actual image viewer is installed?
    Last edited by HyperHacker; November 6th, 2008 at 05:55 AM.
    $ sudo make me a sandwich

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu UNR

webcams not working with various apps like skype and IM's or even cheese. The bug affects more than just gscpa devices.
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/debian/+bug/260918

That is; try:
    Code:
    LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libv4l/v4l1compat.so skype  
    OR
     LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libv4l/v4l2convert.so skype

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast