Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Bluetooth not working in Intrepid!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Bluetooth not working in Intrepid!

This is simply a copy & paste of my thread over in the dev-forum, now closed since Intrepid has been released. This is still an issue for me, and I would _REALLY_ like to figure out why Bluetooth stopped functioning after upgrade. If you need any information, just let me know. My system is a x64-installation, upgraded from Hardy to Intrepid.

---

After upgrading to Intrepid from Hardy bluetooth no longer works. If I tickle it with a sudo /etc/init.d/bluetooth restart the icon appears but is non-functional. Cannot set the name of my device, can't send files, can't receive files. Nada.

Anyone know anything about this? I filed a bugreport on Launchpad but it's seen very little action or response. There's also another thread on the forums about this, but there's been no responses for four days and we're getting close to launch soon.

I'm running Intrepid x64, all patched up as of the 29th.
    Sturgeon's Law: Ninety percent of everything is crap.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Bluetooth not working in Intrepid!

My bluetooth stopped too! Worked perfectly fine in 8.04, now it won't recognise the device. It's listed with lsusb.

My dongle is a Belkin F8T009.

I'm running 8.10 (32bit), with all the updates as of 30/10/2008.

Edit:

I also get the same issue when doing the sudo /etc/init.d/bluetooth restart. The icon appears again, but it's non-functional. Also, the lsusb output it showing it as a broadcom corp device.
    Last edited by ukblacknight; October 31st, 2008 at 12:47 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!

Same here! I was using anyremote with my nokia phone and my Sweex usb bluetooth dongle and all was good. But then I finished upgrading to 8.10 and bluetooth stopped working completely....

Edit: When running 'hcitool scan', the phone is visible.. but I can't connect to it...
    Last edited by infie; October 31st, 2008 at 01:14 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Same for me.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

All right, I'll throw my nickel in too, my bluetooth does not work also, but mine is on a fresh install of Intrepid, the beta version, but fully updated. My issue is this: my bluetooth dongle is recognized, the bluetooth icon seems to function fine, except that the first time I tried to add my mouse, it said it paired successfully, but it did not function. So, I deleted it from the trusted items list in the bluetooth applet and tried to re-add it. This time, and every time thereafter, the pairing has failed.

After some research, I discovered that there is a samll possibility that the problem lies in my lack of sdpd. So my request from all of you with non-functioning bluetooth is this: Is sdpd present in you /usr/sbin/ folder? Could you please check this for me, since we have a few people without functioning bluetooth, it might be helpful to know if this is the source of all of our woes. Thank you.
    It's always a good idea to "man" a command before you run it. I may not know what I'm doing, but I'm pretty sure my computer does.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Here as well. The bluetooth applet can see other devices but times out when I try to pair with them. If I pair from the phone it works. I can usually send a file from the phone to the computer but not from the computer to the phone. If I try to send a file via the nautilus menu i get an error. "Obex push file transfer unsupported" even though obex-data-server is running.

To the above poster, I dont have sdpd in /usr/sbin either
    Last edited by Dropbear; October 31st, 2008 at 04:04 AM. Reason: more information

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

i have the same problem.
    my bluetooth adapter is recognized. i tried to pair my nokia phone from the bluez applet but it always failed even though it could see my phone clearly.
    i initiated the pairing from my phone and it was fine, paired successfully. but now i can't send anything from my phone to ubuntu. and whenever i try to send a file to my phone from nautilus, it says that "obex push file transfer is not supported".

bluetooth was functioning perfectly in 8.04. i just did a fresh install of intrepid only to find that bluetooth is not working :/
    what now?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Downloaded and burned Intrepid only to find BT not working. I plugged in a spare kb/mouse and checked the new BT icon; no devices are even listed. It's been working fine in Hardy, of course.
    Using the Logitech MX5500 set.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by gaelfx View Post
    All right, I'll throw my nickel in too, my bluetooth does not work also, but mine is on a fresh install of Intrepid, the beta version, but fully updated. My issue is this: my bluetooth dongle is recognized, the bluetooth icon seems to function fine, except that the first time I tried to add my mouse, it said it paired successfully, but it did not function. So, I deleted it from the trusted items list in the bluetooth applet and tried to re-add it. This time, and every time thereafter, the pairing has failed.

After some research, I discovered that there is a samll possibility that the problem lies in my lack of sdpd. So my request from all of you with non-functioning bluetooth is this: Is sdpd present in you /usr/sbin/ folder? Could you please check this for me, since we have a few people without functioning bluetooth, it might be helpful to know if this is the source of all of our woes. Thank you.
    sdpd is NOT in my /usr/sbin/ folder.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

My bluetooth works...for a while. I can pair my bluetooth mouse and keyboard beautifully with the new wizard, but after coming back from idle or restarting my laptop, they cease to function. I can only get them to work again by deleting them from the list and pairing them again.

This is a pretty major annoyance for me, as I've grown used to using a bluetooth mouse most of the time. I'm on Intrepid 64-bit.

Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast