Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: 8.10 and still no new theme?!?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Exclamation Re: 8.10 and still no new theme?!?

I think people who like a dark look, use the combination of the DarkRoom Theme + Ibex Aleternative Background background by Sebastian Schmieg. It is really nice for those who are a bit light sensitive.

Beans

Re: 8.10 and still no new theme?!?

Or use dust or new wave from the community themes package.
    See my themes here! | Dont preach Linux, mention it | Make GNOME Themes
    I'm no longer on here. If you want to talk to me, go to noost.org.
    My DeviantArt | Linux user #461096 | Ubuntu user #15753

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Smile Re: 8.10 and still no new theme?!?

If you are looking for something between Human and Dust you may want to consider Synergy.

Synergy is a theme I created specifically for Hardy and Intrepid. To view over 30 screen shots and/or download go to projWiki.

http://www.projwiki.com/index.cgi/SynergyGtkTheme

Cheers,

John

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Synergy's good.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Talking Re: 8.10 and still no new theme?!?

I could see the Synergy theme + SynergyEarthenIbex wallpaper as the new theme, with a lighter colored theme for those bright folks. That looks real nice.

What is that monitor on the bottom right task bar? Is that part of the theme, or something else?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by lotharjade View Post
    I could see the Synergy theme + SynergyEarthenIbex wallpaper as the new theme, with a lighter colored theme for those bright folks. That looks real nice.

What is that monitor on the bottom right task bar? Is that part of the theme, or something else?
    Its a gnome applet. I can't remember what its called.
    See my themes here! | Dont preach Linux, mention it | Make GNOME Themes
    I'm no longer on here. If you want to talk to me, go to noost.org.
    My DeviantArt | Linux user #461096 | Ubuntu user #15753

the problem with ubuntu themes are color restriction. for example the human theme has orange everywhere even in firefox the forward and backward button is orange. while the clearlooks is blue. they should mix some more color for example make the icon folder yellow and in firefox or browsing in folder make the color of the back button red then forward button green. they should make mix some more color so that we can easily differentiate the items in the os. I know that their theme is based on the color of the ubuntu logo. but logo is logo and theme is theme they shouldn't restrict themselve mix some more colors do the chemistry for the users of the ubuntu.

it is just my opinion so don't take it seriously and be offended

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I thought that this may be a useful thread, but I was wrong. I've wasted a lot of time reading that Ubuntu should be more like Mac's, how Canonical doesn't know what they are doing, how a new theme needs to be made so Ubuntu can complete with Windows and Apple. Surely no one here is STUPID enough to choose an operating system based on how pretty the desktop theme looks or how well it works, which some of the comments were just falsehoods. Mac's have some of the plainest themes I've ever seen and to Apple fanboys if you think they are so great what are you doing here? Running a little short on money? Same comment to the MS Windows fanboys. So go play a game. Isn't that what MS Windows is good for? This post may be a little harsh but most of these posters sound like they are still in high school and don't have any ideal what they are talking about. I get sick of kids coming to the forums just to bitch and cry more often than not about something they don't know anything about. This is my opinion and observation and not open for debate. If you don't have anything useful to say then just shut up and stop wasting my time.
    Iguana

Registered Linux User #490719

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Wilson View Post
    ...Surely no one here is STUPID enough to choose an operating system based on how pretty the desktop theme looks or how well it works...
    Actually a lot do, first impressions are important. If theoretically Ubuntu were in a brick and mortar store it would have on the default theme. If there were two identical computers next to each other, one running Windows (XP, Vista, etc) and the other running Ubuntu, people would more likely choose the Windows one because it looks better/more familiar. They wouldn't be bothered to even experiment with Ubuntu to see how it's better for them than the Windows version.
    If the only reason you think your software is better is because it's FOSS, you need to write better software

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Amigo, you should really take it easy there. If you don't like this thread, so
    what are you doing here?
    Nobody made you read this
    And you should really reread the initial threads and what it's all about... No one says Ubuntu should copy Apple or Windows. It's about being able to compete with them, as they're obviously more competitive in the issues of "presentation layer" I would say.
    And, I'm sorry, this post might also be harsh, but you're behaving like one of the
    kids coming to the forums just to bitch and cry more often than not about something they don't know anything about
    . At least your manner of self-expression points to that...
    Please, be kind to others!
    Last edited by turezky; November 20th, 2008 at 05:48 PM.

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast