Page 22 of 44 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: HowTo install KDE 3 into Intrepid (repost)

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: HowTo install KDE 3 into Intrepid (repost)

Quote Originally Posted by iX9 View Post
    Hi!
    What about language packs? Will they work correctly? Or I should install it from hardy repo? Somehow..¿
    I don't know yet. It's on my to-do list, behind several other major issues (one of which is proper OpenOffice integration...) I have not yet had a chance to ask the Kubuntu devs about it; been too busy pasting the base system back together.
    Do you like the KDE3.5 repository and my KDE3.5 development work? Then please consider helping my work with KDE3 by donating a little something here! http://apt.pearsoncomputing.net/cdimages/

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Ok just a small annoyance I am looking to fix, I have two add remove programs options on my KMenu, one the Adept installer (this works fine) and the other I believe is from my Gnome install maybe? Any idea how I can remove it from this menu?

~Jeff

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by beastrace91 View Post
    Ok just a small annoyance I am looking to fix, I have two add remove programs options on my KMenu, one the Adept installer (this works fine) and the other I believe is from my Gnome install maybe? Any idea how I can remove it from this menu?

~Jeff
    Are you referring to Synaptic? This is Gnome's package manager, and getting rid of it is as simple as:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get remove synaptic
    It would have been installed because you overlaid KDE3 onto an Ubuntu installation.
    Do you like the KDE3.5 repository and my KDE3.5 development work? Then please consider helping my work with KDE3 by donating a little something here! http://apt.pearsoncomputing.net/cdimages/

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

hmmm Amarok does not want to load any of my MP3s any ideas? Says it is fully up to date, when I first tried to load one it said it need to update to run MP3s properly how ever it did not work properly, tells me media is "not playable". Ideas?

~Jeff

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (testing)

hmmm Amarok does not want to load any of my MP3s any ideas? Says it is fully up to date, when I first tried to load one it said it need to update to run MP3s properly how ever it did not work properly, tells me media is "not playable". Ideas?

~Jeff
    Are you sure that is an Amarok problem?
    Seems to me a problem of some missing codec or restricted driver.
    Try to use:
    Code:
    aplay <file_mp3>
    if is a system problem.

Btw, Amarox here is perfect
    ------------------------------------------------
    yep ”short and long URL„
    http://yep.it/
    ------------------------------------------------

Beans

~Jeff
    there is a problem...

when I pressed the button "Install MP3 Codec" I get this in the console:

Code:
    /bin/sh: /usr/lib/amarok/install-mp3: No such file or directory
    this file is located in /usr/kde3/lib/amarok/install-mp3.

something wrong with the paths, you should add /usr/kde3/bin:/usr/kde3/lib:/usr/kde3/share to your $PATH variable..
    Last edited by dqp; December 8th, 2008 at 11:05 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

forgive me but where can I find this $PATH var at to edit?

~Jeff

Beans

Just as a warning in case its not just my weird config but this morning after I did an update I lost all the window borders, title bars etc and couldn't type. I was still able to log in normally to the KDE session as opposed to the KDE3 session.

I tracked it down to desktop-effects-kde-kde3. I fixed it with the following:

sudo dpkg -i /var/cache/apt/archives/desktop-effects-kde-kde3_0.4_all.deb

Beans

I am not sure if it was reported, but an error happened during installation kde3 into the ubuntu with kde4:

E: /var/cache/apt/archives/kdeartwork-misc-kde3_4%3a3.5.10-0ubuntu1~intrepid2_all.deb: trying to overwrite `/usr/share/sounds/KDE_Startup_new.wav', which is also in package kdeartwork-misc

Beans
    Distro

[ anomander-rake: ~ ]$ apt-cache rdepends kdelibs4c2-kde3
    <kdelibs4c2-kde3>
    [ anomander-rake: ~

Plz fix so that i can decide wich apps that are missing in the new repo, abakus is missing atleast.

Dunno if it has been reported as a bug on your bug tracker but i cant get along whit those ******* whitout getting aggrevated to hell so i cant check so if it isthen newermind this post

Page 22 of 44 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast