Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MS Office Mac 2008

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: MS Office Mac 2008

When needed I use Office 2007 with Parallels 4. You keep all the functionality of the Windows version and with the newest Parallels you have decent speed and integration with the host OS.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Office 2008 works fairly well overall for me. My only complaint is that it's a bit slow on this old Powerbook G4. It takes somewhere between 10-15 seconds to launch Word.

iWork apps run much faster for me, and I find them more enjoyable to use (mainly in a college/paper-writing setting).
    -Tipo

A job lost to software piracy could have been yours after graduation...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Lightbulb Re: MS Office Mac 2008

Anyone know how to insert 'windows enhanced meta file' (.emf) in MS-mac office 2004? I created graph in Sigma Plot on Windows XP and saved the graph as 'metafile'. Then I inserted that metafile in Powerpoint (XP). Finally saved the slide as .emf file. This file helps to enlarge or minimize the size without changing its resolution. I used to insert those .emf graph file in MS Word.

But I cant see those inserted .emf file on Mac Office 2004. Even I cant insert .emf file on Mac word. When I searched in google some people also had similar problem. A MS mactopia website link from the google search mentioned that Mac office is capable to handle .emf file. But I couldnt do it with mac office 2004.

Anyone done this with Mac Office 2008? Or do you know how to insert .emf file on Mac office 2004?

In attached screenshot, you can see inserted tux.png and westminster.jpg files with corrupted .emf graph file with only one bar.

Thanks in advance!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jeyaganesh; January 14th, 2009 at 04:32 PM.
    See my photos on Flickr

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by jeyaganesh View Post
    Hi Any one using MS Office for Mac 2008? Is it working good?
    Yes, it works great, thanks for asking!

Beans
    Hidden!

Speaking of performance...

I just had a chance today (well, Tuesday, that is) to use Word and Excel 2008 on a MacBook, and it was the first time I'd ever used any of the Microsoft Office apps on a Mac and had them boot and function as fast as any version of Office for Windows.

It's amazing how not-optimized Microsoft's code has been (right along) for Mac OS X.

Anyhow...
    Have you ever found something in the second-to-last place you looked?
    If it seems like I am ignoring you, perhaps I am.
    world:~ mike$ rm -f /earth/united_states/washington/redmond/M$ █

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Talking Re: MS Office Mac 2008

I bought new Macbook Pro and have installed MS mac Office 2008. I could see my graphs in word document.
    See my photos on Flickr

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123