Thread: Drop and run advertising, well sort of.

Beans

Drop and run advertising, well sort of.

So today I was walking home and walked past a cd laying on the grass.... now the curious human I am I decided to take it home.

So I get home I put the cd in my old computer, While ubuntu is loading im thinking hey this is a great way to get people interested/use what they find... just burn your favourite distro or if your in a band just burn your bands music etc... then walk along a pathway and put it down and leave, someone most likely will get curious and take it home and investigate the information on the disc.

Now im not saying do this because we won't Linux to rule the world and everyone should be forced to use it.

And btw there was only music by scribe a NewZealand rapper on the disc, which im listening to right now.http://www.scribescribe.com/

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Re: Drop and run advertising, well sort of.

hmmm ...
    May be you did pick it up but I would never bring a CD home and put it in my computer .. mainly because usually the CD on the road wud hav too many scratches and it would just damage my CD drive ..
    Even otherwise, I don't wanna go litter the roads..

I'd rather jus distribute the CDs in some other fashion

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

If they're damaged, you can still use them for other stuff if you're creative enough. Use it for a coaster. If I found enough, I'd string them together and make a curtain or something.
    Desktop: Custom - AMD Athlon X4 Quadcore 4.02GHz, 8GB DDR3, 750GB HDD, 500GB HDD, Win7 x64/Ubuntu 14.04 x64
    Laptop: Thinkpad T61 - Intel Core 2 Duo 2.00GHz, 4GB DDR2, 500GB HDD, Win7 x86/Ubuntu 14.04 x86

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by kernelhaxor View Post
    hmmm ...
    May be you did pick it up but I would never bring a CD home and put it in my computer .. mainly because usually the CD on the road wud hav too many scratches and it would just damage my CD drive ..
    Even otherwise, I don't wanna go litter the roads..

I'd rather jus distribute the CDs in some other fashion
    Yea it did have a few scratches played fine tho, but it's an old computer I got for free so I don't care if it breaks, and if it breaks I will most likely gain knowledge from trying to fix it.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

There's not a CHANCE I would ever place a CD into a PC I own without knowing whats on it & where it came from.
    Want an alternative to 99% of Windows applications?
    http://www.osalt.com/

"Dude, real programmers compile" - Plato 428BC

Beans

I would. At worst, it has a windows virus. Like I care.
    Q)Why did the multithreaded chicken cross the road?
    A)to To other side. get the
    Q)Why did the multithreaded chicken cross the road?
    A)other to side. To the get