Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [SOLVED] burning cd using flac/cue

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Question [SOLVED] burning cd using flac/cue

Hello,

I've tried to burn an audio CD that was ripped into one long .flac with a .cue file. Using Brasero I get the error "could not find name_of_file.wav." I can't find the way to make Brasero use the .flac file available. Is this an error in the .cue file or does Brasero not support flac/cue burning? Is there another program that can perform this?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: burning cd using flac/cue

I wrote a cd with flac songs and it worked. But... I couldnt find out which program I used

Beans
    Distro

Re: burning cd using flac/cue

Yeah, I'm more inclined to think it has to do with Brasero. I'll try alternatives. Thanks.

Beans
    Distro

Re: [SOLVED] burning cd using flac/cue

OK, after a rather hellish upgrade to Intrepid (wanted to try this out instead of a clean install for a change - not doing it again), I decided to take another stab at this and found this blog which shows the tools needed to split the flac file (which can then be burned by any burning program).

Anyways, I tried it and it works fine.

All you need to do is to open up a terminal and type:

Code:
    sudo apt-get install cuetools shntool
    afterwards, you cd into the appropriate directory and type:

Code:
    shntool split -f filename.cue -o flac filename.flac
    replacing "filename" with the name of the cue and flac files.

And there you go.

Addendum: on a vaguely related topic, after the upgrade to Intrepid, I can't drag and drop on Brasero any more. It's silly, but I got used to doing that instead of hitting "add." Does anyone know what happened?

Beans

I'm having problems burning an audio CD from a single FLAC and CUE sheet. Brasero keeps reporting that it's an invalid cue sheet.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    There is no system but GNU and Linux is one of its kernels.
    Join the FSF as an Associate Member!

Beans
    Distro

Weird, I got it to open it just fine; the error I got was on the missing .flac file, which is expected.

Maybe you can cut the .flac with shntool as shown above?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Praxicoide View Post
    Weird, I got it to open it just fine; the error I got was on the missing .flac file, which is expected.

Maybe you can cut the .flac with shntool as shown above?
    I noticed that when the files are anywhere but the home directory, it won't find the FLAC. Does shntool update the cue sheet? I'd like to burn with the cue sheet so that when I pop the disc in a computer, any CD-ripping software will know the CDDB code and provide me with metadata.
    Last edited by kahlil88; November 6th, 2008 at 11:09 AM.
    There is no system but GNU and Linux is one of its kernels.
    Join the FSF as an Associate Member!

Beans
    Hidden!

Here's a good tutorial which shows how to split a flac file into multiple files based on the cue file. It also shows how to transfer metadata from the cuesheet to the split files.

http://webupd8.blogspot.com/2009/04/...buntu-and.html

Beans

Cool Re: [SOLVED?] burning cd using flac/cue, not solved for me

I dispute the SOLVED status of this thread as the original Brasero bug still exists for me.
    Brasero error claims it cannot find the .cue sheet after I have opened the .cue sheet with Brasero, ie; right click on the .cue sheet and select "Open with Brasero" context menu option.
    I still cannot recreate the original CD from the RubyRipper created .cue sheet and associated .flac file with Brasero.
    Is this issue being worked on? A workaround is not a resolution.
    Also not sure if this is a RubyRipper bug or a Brasero bug.
    I noticed that the RubyRipper created .flac file is slightly strange in that it does not seem to name the .flac file correctly unless naming them all "- .flac" is the intended behavior
    Is there another CD ripper that creates .cue sheets I can test with?
    I would hate to have to go back to EAC running in WINE.

Following EAC WINE test;
    Brasero still complains it is unable to find the .cue sheet created with EAC so it is a Brasero bug, not solved for me.
    Last edited by pprjack; February 27th, 2010 at 08:09 PM. Reason: Results from EAC WINE test

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

But "solved" on this forum just means that the original poster has had their issue resolved; it's not some indication that the software works perfectly for all users on all configurations in all circumstances.

Ubuntuforums is not a bug-tracking site, but one in which people ask for help for their individual problems. In that sense, the "solved" tag is non-disputable. The OP has had their issue resolved. If your problem, which is different from the OP's, is not solved, you are welcome to file a bug report with the software developer, or start a new thread in which you ask for help for your particular situation. Latching on to someone else's thread with your own (somewhat different, somewhat similar) problem and complaining that the advice given to others don't help you is juvenile.
    Current box: Sony VAIO VGN-FZ250E, Ubuntu Oneiric.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast