Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Belkin USB Wireless Stick F5D7051

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: Belkin USB Wireless Stick F5D7051

Thanks David. I did find this page on the Belkin site, but the only .inf file that I could extract from the driver there was for a Broadcom chipset. Oliver's device is Ralink-based according to everything I read, and the ID numbers in the Broadcom .inf file don't match his PCI ID. I'll keep looking, however, and if you happen to find that driver CD, please see if you can get a .exe or .zip uploaded here!

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

pythaes22

I've just found this other thread here by javajake that I used originally to get my usb stick to work.

He may have other links to other chipsets also.

its a nuisance that the OP isn't able to use lsusb to find the details of the stick.

I'm guessing that lshw and iwconfig or ifconfig won't work either?

I find this a bit of a surprise, and is one of the things I really like about linux compared to windows, the ability to find all this extra hardware info that can be so useful.

David
    Eee pc via Wubi install.
    evertying works straight out of the box

My Launchpad page

Beans
    Distro

David: thanks for that link. Unfortunately I still can't find any Windows drivers containing the right files for Oliver's card. The problem isn't getting the lsusb information--we have that--it's finding a Windows driver that matches the information given by lsusb. I've tried a dozen different Windows packages, but none contains the right file. I think the confusion is due partially to the fact that Belkin has sold a number of different devices under the F5d705x name.

I did remember, however, that the rt2x00 legacy drivers may help in this situation. So instead of ndiswrapper, let's give those a try. Oliver, please run these commands:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install rutilt build-essential
    wget http://rt2x00.serialmonkey.com/rt73-cvs-daily.tar.gz
    tar -xzvf rt73*
    cd rt73*/Module
    make
    sudo make install
    echo rt73 | sudo tee -a /etc/modules
    sudo -s
    echo 'blacklist rt2500usb' >> /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist
    echo 'blacklist rt2500pci' >> /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist
    echo 'blacklist rt61pci' >> /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist
    echo 'blacklist rt2x00pci' >> /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist
    echo 'blacklist rt2400pci' >> /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist
    echo 'blacklist rt2x00lib' >> /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist
    echo 'blacklist rt2x00usb' >> /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist
    Then reboot. After rebooting, go to System>Administration>Rutilt WLAN Manager and use this utility to connect (you can't use Network Manager). Does this solve the problem?
    Last edited by pytheas22; January 7th, 2009 at 08:44 PM.

Beans

Believe you should be able to find the files in this thread:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=2175921

Beans

Sorry, guess I was a little too fast with my first reply. Didn't see that you believe the F5D7051 is based on the Ralink chipset and not Broadcom chipset.

I think that you will find that Belkin F5D7051 is based on Broadcom chipset, but that linux mistakenly takes it for a Ralink chipset (one of the major hassles with this device).

Try to check out this guide:
    http://thehardsell.wordpress.com/200...5d7051-a-saga/

Cheers

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Hello again all

Well I've done some searching through the stuff post house move and I thought I should mention that as of this moment in time the CD that I had seems to have "gone missing".

I'm sure that it is around somewhere, but the current state of partially empty boxes with stuff in, and attempting to get an internet connection from home etc etc etc..are conspiring against the available time to have a really good search for the disk.

It will however turn up eventually.... even better once I get the old desktop going the files will no douubt be on the windows partition, if I haven't deleted them (and of course on the ubuntu partition)!

questions is, it is such a long time since I played with this type of stuff (hard wired connection and current wifi laptop work "out of the box") I'm not sure where I would have placed the files!

so if you still require them drop a note to the forum and tell me where the files "should" be!

Sorry to have not been particularly helpfull.... again!

David
    Eee pc via Wubi install.
    evertying works straight out of the box

My Launchpad page

Beans
    Distro

so if you still require them drop a note to the forum and tell me where the files "should" be!
    I'm not sure if this issue is still a concern for oli1997; if not then there's no reason to find those files. I am still curious as to why I couldn't find the right Windows driver for this device anywhere, but that's not a big deal. Maybe it is really a Broadcom chipset, but that seems very unlikely to me...

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

sorry to butt in on the thread, but since there seems to be a few fairly linux-wise folk in here i thought i'd ask a little question

i'm also having a bit of a problem with the belkin wireless g (050d:705e is the device code when i lsusb it)

however, the device isn't actually installed. when i do an lshw, it doesn't appear. i think if i could get it as far as having the wrong driver installed i could get it working with the help of the numerous other threads dotted around the place, but i haven't seen anyone with exactly the same fault as mine.

incidentally, i have a wireless usb keyboard/mouse that works fine, a usb bluetooth doongle that works fine, and i've tried the wireless adapter in several different usb ports without success (though i can always lsusb it)

another thing, i don't know if it's important, but if i lsusb, then remove the adapter and put it back in the same usb port, it comes back with a totally different buss/device number.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

ooh, i found http://linuxsoftwareblog.com/blog/?p=30 this.

currently downloading the updates, fingers crossed.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

ok, i dunno if my wireless adapter worked because my video card was screwed lol

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast