Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Belkin USB Wireless Stick F5D7051

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: Belkin USB Wireless Stick F5D7051

jmmL: yes, the rt2500usb driver is supposed to support master mode. I've never tried it personally (I just do ad-hoc since that's so much easier), but you should be able to get it working.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by Post Monkeh View Post
    sorry to butt in on the thread, but since there seems to be a few fairly linux-wise folk in here i thought i'd ask a little question

i'm also having a bit of a problem with the belkin wireless g (050d:705e is the device code when i lsusb it)

however, the device isn't actually installed. when i do an lshw, it doesn't appear. i think if i could get it as far as having the wrong driver installed i could get it working with the help of the numerous other threads dotted around the place, but i haven't seen anyone with exactly the same fault as mine.

incidentally, i have a wireless usb keyboard/mouse that works fine, a usb bluetooth doongle that works fine, and i've tried the wireless adapter in several different usb ports without success (though i can always lsusb it)

another thing, i don't know if it's important, but if i lsusb, then remove the adapter and put it back in the same usb port, it comes back with a totally different buss/device number.
    quick update to the problems i was having a while back.

this chipset seems to be much better supported in the newer kernels, i tried a number of different distros on my desktop last week and the wireless worked pretty much perfectly on all of them (although after the weird problems i had with my signal dropping when my brother's laptop was connected, i would have to point out that he doesn't live with my folks anymore)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

I have just followed these instructions on Karmic 64bit for a Belkin Wireless N usb adapter model 3015uk with driver rt2870.inf and it worked first time!!!! not done any long term testing yet but thankyou for the hand in using ndiswrapper as it was a very clear and easy process as you laid it out VERY clearly..... to everyone else... please do the reboot and install the usb adapter only when instructed.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213