Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sentelic Touchpad Linux drivers released under GNU GPL!

Beans

Re: Sentelic Touchpad Linux drivers released under GNU GPL!

Quote Originally Posted by phil02 View Post
    I just upgraded to Lucid after a brief stop in Karmic. I had been holding off on Karmic because of the backlight cycling problem on the Wind.

fspc doesn't seem to work anymore. It gives errors about being able to load and save the configuration.

Your instructions on setting flags in /sys/devices/platform/i8042/serio1/ works but I can't figure out how to automate this since it needs sudo.
    I was able to toggle the write bit on flags using

chmod o+w flags

from a root prompt.

Then update flags from a user prompt. This should allow me to write a script to toggle settings.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by flummoxed View Post
    Users of the MSI Wind have been frustrated with the Sentelic touchpad, mainly because of the inability to disable to the tap-to-click. Sentelic has released their linux driver, in open source form.

Here is the link:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/fsp-lnxdrv/

I haven't tried them out yet, but it's promising that they've been released under the GPL!

I just installed this and it worked perfectly to disable the Tap to Click. That was driving me crazy as my touchpad is so sensitive. I didn't get the scrolling to work though.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by dash86no View Post

The easiest way to disable tap to click using lucid, is to do the following:

sudo su
    echo -n c > /sys/devices/platform/i8042/serio1/flags
    Sorry to wake up the dead, but this command for disabling the click on tap works for me and i'm very happy to have found it. I try what others have suggest about putting this command on startup but so far nothing works. The fspc driver doesn't work at all for me (unable to save). Any advise?

I'm running lubuntu 11.10

Beans

How can this change be made permanent? After running

Code:
    echo -n c > /sys/devices/platform/i8042/serio1/flags
    the settings change back every time the computer is restarted or suspended. Can that behavior be disabled? I've tried writing a script, but I've never been able to get it to work (I tried using fspc).

What prompts the flags file to be reset? It seems inefficient to have the solution be to undo the behavior that resets the file, rather than to disable that behavior in the first place. Or is it possible to change the information from which the flags file is reset?

I apologize if I'm missing something, I know I'm out of my depth, but I've been putting up with this for a year now and after upgrading to 12.10, I'm raring to find a permanent fix

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12