Page 70 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast

Thread: SiS 771/671 Mirage 3 Video Drivers

Beans

Re: SiS 771/671 Mirage 3 Video Drivers!?!?

Ah Ok so you are working on it (found the github page), I lost the overview over the past months as the last Ubuntu release worked quite well. I will try to understand the code and if I am able to I will help you out there.
    So I pointed out that there is no 2D accelleration. Let me clarify that I did not meant the whole output of the driver won't be rendered by GPU but only the accellerated video output as it is used by VLC or Gstreamer if you set the video output to X11 as guilhermer did.
    If you display a video with better resolution it will be slow and interrupt other works as the whole rendering is done by CPU.
    (I hope I'm right on that, as I said I'm a lot more into software than driver/X development).

Does your driver work with Natty ATM? I patched an old release just to get it through compiling but it stopped working today after an update of X. Vesa does not work either right now... might be my fault too.
    I will test the code on git tomorrow and start looking into it

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by gh1234 View Post
    Ah Ok so you are working on it (found the github page), I lost the overview over the past months as the last Ubuntu release worked quite well. I will try to understand the code and if I am able to I will help you out there.
    So I pointed out that there is no 2D accelleration. Let me clarify that I did not meant the whole output of the driver won't be rendered by GPU but only the accellerated video output as it is used by VLC or Gstreamer if you set the video output to X11 as guilhermer did.
    If you display a video with better resolution it will be slow and interrupt other works as the whole rendering is done by CPU.
    (I hope I'm right on that, as I said I'm a lot more into software than driver/X development).

Does your driver work with Natty ATM? I patched an old release just to get it through compiling but it stopped working today after an update of X. Vesa does not work either right now... might be my fault too.
    I will test the code on git tomorrow and start looking into it
    Ok i got your point and i just want to share that 1280x720 Video Res using Mplayer Full Screen is run well without any glitch at all.
    The driver is working ATM, and it's not all my work. I just try to keep the people aware about this existence. The patch is come from Mandriiva Teams, Paulo Zaunoni who taken care this driver. And i've got an oportunity to give it a shot and also do a small patch on it. There's another patch come from saa7_go from Ubuntu Indonesia community which is Remove all depreceated symbol.

If you compile it don't forget you must install all needed -dev package. And FYI, the github page is "PATCHED" already. For the original one you can go to Mandriva SVN page.

If you can take a look or maybe helping put a 2MiB Diff to the original sis_drv, it must be great. I talk with some guys in canonical regarding this and he can't do that since he lacks of the hardware.

Regards,
    My Blog,

Life is hard already, don't make it more complicated

Beans

OK cool, but it would be awesome to get back XV (as it worked in earlier versions).
    I recently run gdb (which was quite hard to do without a second computer) to debug what happened when X crashes, I will look into that right now.

I will also look into patching the original driver, but I think this will be very complicated, the big problem is that I can only test against Mirage 3+ (671) and not the hardware that runs with the original driver.
    Canonical could simply distribute both packages, couldn't they?

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu

i am desperatly trying to get drivers to Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] 771/671 PCIE VGA Display Adapter (rev 10)
    wich in this thread should i use??

Beans

Depends on which version of ubuntu you are using.
    10.04 or 10.10?
    11.04 does work too but we are still working on that...

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu

Depends on which version of ubuntu you are using.
    10.04 or 10.10?
    11.04 does work too but we are still working on that...
    i have 10.10

Beans

Beans

hi im new in ubuntu and i install it in my laptop and i have problem in my screen resolution im stack in 800x600 can i bgger my screen resolution please help .

kent@kent-laptop:~$ xrandr
    xrandr: Failed to get size of gamma for output default
    Screen 0: minimum 640 x 480, current 800 x 600, maximum 800 x 600
    default connected 800x600+0+0 0mm x 0mm
    800x600 61.0*
    640x480 60.0

this is the output when i type xrandr

tnx in advance
    im running ubuntu 10.10

Beans

Hi kent, if you are on sis671/672 the tut posted here http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...&postcount=568 should work for you, too.
    If you are not sure if your device is sis 671/672 Mirage 3 run
    Code:
    lspci  | grep VGA
    in your comand line, the output should look like this:
    Code:
    01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] 771/671 PCIE VGA Display Adapter (rev 10)

Beans

Hi kent, if you are on sis671/672 the tut posted here http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...&postcount=568 should work for you, too.
    If you are not sure if your device is sis 671/672 Mirage 3 run
    Code:
    lspci  | grep VGA
    in your comand line, the output should look like this:
    Code:
    01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] 771/671 PCIE VGA Display Adapter (rev 10)
    In the post you've linked in, the biggest resolution is 1280x800?
    I wonder if there is a way to make it FULL HD - like 1368x768? Thank you indeed.

Page 70 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast