Page 44 of 87 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Thread: SiS 771/671 Mirage 3 Video Drivers

Beans

Re: SiS 771/671 Mirage 3 Video Drivers!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by dekoderek View Post
    OGM! Thanks so much. Gnome didn't want to let me in but I had reset its configuration on resolution and I'm in.

It's 1360x768 though and I have six rows of pixels on the right unused but it's much much better than before and the notebook is usable now.

Thanks again to all of you and you can post this drivers as working on (at least one Asus K50c with Ubuntu 10.04.
    thats great news!

can you visit my blog (get my email address from there and send me a copy of the 32-bit driver to upload so others can use it?
    check out my linux blog here

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

With pleasure I'll pass it on!

Sorry I didn't search for an email but would take much longer.

I've uploaded it here http://download.dekoderek.net/sis-on...u10.04.tar.bz2

Feel free to download it, put it on your server or even hot link it. I won't delete it probably. I might need it one day again and I'll probably blog about it.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by ajoliveira View Post
    check this:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1453292

I just found out the driver I compiled (but not the previous one) does not load properly when acpi is on and I am investigating why...

@ ajoliveira

thank you ajoliveira, my prbleme is resolved, i have to wait just few minutes to obtain complete live session.

i received an email from barros lee, he told me that:

Here is the 2d driver for ubuntu 10.04.
    If you are using vesa driver now, you may change your resolution to lower resolution such as 1024x768 first.
    Then just copy sis_drv.* to /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/
    And restart X or reboot.

Recently, SiS ask me to develop new 3d driver for linux, so I just porting 2d driver to ubuntu 10.04.
    If you find some bugs of 2d driver, I will fix it in my free time.

Best Regards
    Barros Lee

i tested that driver, it work verry fine, i don't have problems.

here are files of the 2D driver, and you have just to copy to /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/

http://www.mediafire.com/?tmizztxmmuq

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by dekoderek

OGM! Thanks so much. Gnome didn't want to let me in but I had reset its configuration on resolution and I'm in.

It's 1360x768 though and I have six rows of pixels on the right unused but it's much much better than before and the notebook is usable now.

Thanks again to all of you and you can post this drivers as working on (at least one Asus K50c with Ubuntu 10.04.
    Did you have to edit Purcts xorg.conf much to get it working or did you just slap that same sucker in there and it worked? Or did you even use the xorg.conf? I have the same K50C-laptop(or well, my girlfriend does) and I struggled for hours trying to get it to work on 9.10, this is the first glimmer of hope I've seen to get her back to the wonderful Ubuntu-land.

I'll do a clean install on top of the 9.10 installation over the weekend, so I'll try to get all the facts straight so I don't have to go insane again and listen to all the whining "IT STILL DOESN'T WORK!?!?!"

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Zarok View Post
    Did you have to edit Purcts xorg.conf much to get it working or did you just slap that same sucker in there and it worked? Or did you even use the xorg.conf? I have the same K50C-laptop(or well, my girlfriend does) and I struggled for hours trying to get it to work on 9.10, this is the first glimmer of hope I've seen to get her back to the wonderful Ubuntu-land.

I'll do a clean install on top of the 9.10 installation over the weekend, so I'll try to get all the facts straight so I don't have to go insane again and listen to all the whining "IT STILL DOESN'T WORK!?!?!"
    No changes. Good luck!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by dekoderek View Post
    With pleasure I'll pass it on!

Sorry I didn't search for an email but would take much longer.

I've uploaded it here http://download.dekoderek.net/sis-on...u10.04.tar.bz2

Feel free to download it, put it on your server or even hot link it. I won't delete it probably. I might need it one day again and I'll probably blog about it.
    How do you install this thing?

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by kilosan View Post
    How do you install this thing?
    Pretty much like here http://tpurch-blog.blogspot.com/2010...untu-1004.html but use this package instead of purct's one mentioned there.

Beans

Talking Re: SiS 771/671 Mirage 3 Video Drivers!?!?

I have now uploaded the 32 & 64 binaries for Ubuntu 10.04 (Lucid) sis671 Xorg driver

A link to the drivers & instructions on how to install them are available from my blog - http://tpurch-blog.blogspot.com

Note: The driver has been modified to support ASUS Widescreen Laptops - specifically written for the X5DC but may support others....(dekoderek compiled the 32-Bit edition and confirmed that it works with K50C).

For ASUS laptop users I have included a sample xorg.conf file - The "SpecialTiming" "ASUSX5DC" option in xorg.conf forces LCD to 1360x768. This setting may work for other laptops but I can't confirm it.

Non ASUS Laptop users should remove the following line from xorg.conf:

Option "SpecialTiming" "ASUSX5DC"

Best of luck!
    check out my linux blog here

Beans
    Distro

Just to let you know - I just updated kernel with update manager and drivers still work!

Beans

I can also confirm getting the driver working on an Asus K50C like Dekoderek. Doing everything with purcts blog-guide and using the driver built by Dekoderek worked like a charm.

Page 44 of 87 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast