Page 43 of 87 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Thread: SiS 771/671 Mirage 3 Video Drivers

Beans

Re: SiS 771/671 Mirage 3 Video Drivers!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by dekoderek View Post
    No, I didn't and I couldn't find something like that in my repo. But when you wrote it with '-dev' suffix I started to install some packages with similar names to those required (e.g. xserver-xorg-dev) and 'configure' went throught.

After running make I get an error though. On first compilation call I guess. Here's the output:

Do you have any idea what could be wrong this time?

Thanks!
    I am guessing the mesa-libs....not sure what there names are but you should be able to find them searching for mesa.

I think I loaded all the mesa libs for :

gl, glx, dri, mesa common and mesa utils
    check out my linux blog here

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by jodlajodla View Post
    Hey!
    I have problem with SiS Mirage 3. 10.04 Install doesn't work - when I run the LiveCD 10.04 and Alternate CD 10.04, because screen flickering. How can I install 10.04 if there are these problems?

Thank you in advance!

You just have to wait a minute (or 2 ) , then X will get running in vesa mode, .. so you can install.

Ater that; read my step-by-step guide..;

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=958967&page=38

and all should be working out for you.

Edit; @jodlajodla.. Seems you've found my guide yourself.. and you got it running..nice.
    Last edited by mhgsys; May 4th, 2010 at 04:47 PM.
    When your thread it solved: go to thread tools > Mark this thread as solved
    for SIS 771/671 use xcompmgr to have transparent terminals. just load it at startup.

And then they asked: what's a pbkac error?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by purct View Post
    I am guessing the mesa-libs....not sure what there names are but you should be able to find them searching for mesa.

I think I loaded all the mesa libs for :

gl, glx, dri, mesa common and mesa utils
    I installed them. glx excludes swx11 (I can't have them both) but I tried with first and second (and all the others) and nothing has changed so that's not it.

Beans

I installed them. glx excludes swx11 (I can't have them both) but I tried with first and second (and all the others) and nothing has changed so that's not it.
    did you re-run the authgen.sh --prefix=/usr

command?

Beans

did you re-run the authgen.sh --prefix=/usr

command?

have you loaded the following package?
    x11proto-gl-dev

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by azedddine View Post

@ ajoliveira

thank you for your response but i sayed that i can't get complete live session blanck screen is showd after pressing " try ubuntu without installing" i guess you understand my probleme
    check this:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1453292

I just found out the driver I compiled (but not the previous one) does not load properly when acpi is on and I am investigating why...
    All the best

Antonio

Beans
    Distro

have you loaded the following package?
    x11proto-gl-dev
    I have added this package and it went a bit farther but also stopped eventually. I'm posting the log in http://download.dekoderek.net/sis-on...purct/make.log (it's too long to put it here). There are also some warning during compilation. I added some other -dev libs I thought might be useful but that didn't help.

Also running ./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr broke the sources. I had an error: http://download.dekoderek.net/sis-on...ct/autogen.log and since then I couldn't run make again. Even after make clean and configure. I had to remove and unpack sources again.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

try:

sudo apt-get install xserver-xorg-core x11proto-core-dev x11proto-dmx-dev x11proto-xf86dga-dev xserver-xorg-dev x11proto-xinerama-dev libdrm-dev x11proto-xf86dri-dev libgl1-mesa-dev autoconf libtool install x11proto-gl-dev libxxf86misc-dev x11proto-xf86misc-dev
    All the best

Antonio

Beans

I have added this package and it went a bit farther but also stopped eventually. I'm posting the log in http://download.dekoderek.net/sis-on...purct/make.log (it's too long to put it here). There are also some warning during compilation. I added some other -dev libs I thought might be useful but that didn't help.

Also running ./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr broke the sources. I had an error: http://download.dekoderek.net/sis-on...ct/autogen.log and since then I couldn't run make again. Even after make clean and configure. I had to remove and unpack sources again.
    looking at the log I think your find that the driver compiled......it will be in src/.libs directory!

cd to src/.libs

sudo bash

cp sis671_drv.* /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers

then create a /etc/X11/xorg.conf (I have a sample one on the blog)

if you are going to create your own make sure you set Option "SpecialTimings" "ASUSX5DC"

then reboot!
    Last edited by purct; May 4th, 2010 at 06:38 PM.

Beans
    Distro

looking at the log I think your find that the driver compiled......it will be in src/.libs directory!
    OGM! Thanks so much. Gnome didn't want to let me in but I had reset its configuration on resolution and I'm in.

It's 1360x768 though and I have six rows of pixels on the right unused but it's much much better than before and the notebook is usable now.

Thanks again to all of you and you can post this drivers as working on (at least one Asus K50c with Ubuntu 10.04.

Page 43 of 87 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast