Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: Far Cry 2

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: HOWTO: Far Cry 2

knurpht, Make sure you are logged in. That's my only guess.

opsi, Try wget the MSVCR80.dll file and putting it also in the bin and let me know what happens after that.
    wget http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/ms...zip?0VEhOBZFgU
    and extracted it to the bin folder. (only the .dll file)
    WINE: Super Meat Boy // Far Cry 2 // Lineage 2
    VirtualBox: Snapshots // OSE Issues
    アンディモリを聞いてください。

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Installed and followed the instructions + set dxgi.dll to native for Wine 1.1.7.

If I set OffscreenRenderingMode to fbo then the game does not launch, if I leave it as default the game starts, begins to load a level in story mode but then exits.

OpenGL version string: 2.1.2 NVIDIA 177.13, 8800 GTS.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Quote Originally Posted by asdfoo View Post
    Installed and followed the instructions + set dxgi.dll to native for Wine 1.1.7.

If I set OffscreenRenderingMode to fbo then the game does not launch, if I leave it as default the game starts, begins to load a level in story mode but then exits.

OpenGL version string: 2.1.2 NVIDIA 177.13, 8800 GTS.

tried upgrading my drivers, still crashes with fbo and if i use backbuffer it runs out of memory while loading. but if i put the game on very low setttings then it barely runs but there are issues with the graphics

oh well. will probably have to install windows to play this game properly

Beans

Code:
    spwnt@spwnt-desktop:~$ regedit
    spwnt@spwnt-desktop:~$ cd /home/spwnt/.wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/Ubisoft/Far\ Cry\ 2/bin && wine explorer /desktop=Far_Cry_2,1440x900 FarCry2.exe
    fixme:ntdll:NtQueryInformationProcess (0xffffffff,info_class=34,0x13a79ec,0x00000004,0x13a79e8) Unknown information class
    fixme:exec:SHELL_execute flags ignored: 0x00000500
    fixme:actctx:parse_manifest_buffer root element is L"asmv1:assembly", not <assembly>
    fixme:actctx:parse_manifest_buffer root element is L"asmv1:assembly", not <assembly>
    fixme:ntdll:NtQuerySystemInformation info_class SYSTEM_HANDLE_INFORMATION
    fixme:ntdll:NtQueryObject Unsupported information class 3
    fixme:debugstr:CheckRemoteDebuggerPresent (0xffffffff)->(0x13a67d8): Stub!
    fixme:ntdll:NtQueryInformationProcess (process=0xffffffff) Unimplemented information class: ProcessDebugFlags
    fixme:d3d:IWineD3DImpl_FillGLCaps OpenGL implementation supports 32 vertex samplers and 32 total samplers
    fixme:d3d:IWineD3DImpl_FillGLCaps Expected vertex samplers + MAX_TEXTURES(=8) > combined_samplers
    fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x13a6724,0x00000000), stub!
    fixme:psapi:EnumPageFilesA (0x613e50, 0x1385abc) stub
    fixme:psapi:EnumPageFilesA (0x613e50, 0x13503d8) stub
    fixme:ntdll:NtQueryInformationProcess (process=0xffffffff) Unimplemented information class: ProcessDeviceMap
    fixme:ntdll:NtQuerySystemInformation (0x00000007,0x137eee0,0x00000018,(nil)) stub
    fixme:ntdll:server_ioctl_file Unsupported ioctl 2d0c04 (device=2d access=0 func=301 method=0)
    fixme:ntdll:server_ioctl_file Unsupported ioctl 2d0c04 (device=2d access=0 func=301 method=0)
    fixme:ntdll:server_ioctl_file Unsupported ioctl 2d1400 (device=2d access=0 func=500 method=0)
    fixme:ntdll:server_ioctl_file Unsupported ioctl 2d1400 (device=2d access=0 func=500 method=0)
    fixme:ntdll:NtQueryInformationProcess (process=0xffffffff) Unimplemented information class: ProcessDeviceMap
    fixme:ntdll:server_ioctl_file Unsupported ioctl 4d0008 (device=4d access=0 func=2 method=0)
    fixme:cursor:SetSystemCursor (0x10de,00007f00),stub!
    fixme:cursor:CURSORICON_LoadFromFile No support for .ani cursors.
    fixme:cursor:SetSystemCursor (0x10de,00007f00),stub!
    fixme:cursor:SetSystemCursor (0x1136,00007f00),stub!
    fixme:cursor:SetSystemCursor (0x1146,00007f03),stub!
    fixme:cursor:SetSystemCursor (0x114e,00007f01),stub!
    fixme:cursor:SetSystemCursor (0x115e,00007f88),stub!
    fixme:cursor:SetSystemCursor (0x116e,00007f86),stub!
    fixme:cursor:SetSystemCursor (0x117e,00007f83),stub!
    fixme:cursor:SetSystemCursor (0x118e,00007f85),stub!
    fixme:cursor:SetSystemCursor (0x119e,00007f82),stub!
    fixme:cursor:SetSystemCursor (0x11ae,00007f84),stub!
    fixme:cursor:SetSystemCursor (0x11be,00007f04),stub!
    fixme:cursor:SetSystemCursor (0x11c6,00007f02),stub!
    fixme:ntdll:NtQuerySystemInformation info_class SYSTEM_HANDLE_INFORMATION
    fixme:ntdll:NtQueryObject Unsupported information class 3
    fixme:debugstr:CheckRemoteDebuggerPresent (0xffffffff)->(0x13bf894): Stub!
    fixme:ntdll:NtQueryInformationProcess (process=0xffffffff) Unimplemented information class: ProcessDebugFlags
    fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x13befdc,0x00000000), stub!
    fixme:system:SystemParametersInfoW Unimplemented action: 59 (SPI_SETSTICKYKEYS)
    fixme:system:SystemParametersInfoW Unimplemented action: 53 (SPI_SETTOGGLEKEYS)
    fixme:system:SystemParametersInfoW Unimplemented action: 51 (SPI_SETFILTERKEYS)
    fixme:ntdll:NtQuerySystemInformation info_class SYSTEM_PERFORMANCE_INFORMATION
    fixme:dxgi:CreateDXGIFactory riid {7b7166ec-21c7-44ae-b21a-c9ae321ae369}, factory 0x13bedf4 partial stub!
    fixme:dxgi:dxgi_factory_EnumAdapters iface 0x1cc0b8, adapter_idx 0, adapter 0x13bee0c stub!
    any ideas?

I'm running an AMD Core 3ghz 9800 GTX with 4 gigs of memory so i don't think it's my specs.

i downloaded all the DLL's and put them in the Far Cry Bin folder. I did the registry tweak. What to you mean by applying them? i'm a noob sorry.

could it have anything to do with the fact that I replaced the FC2.dll with the NOCD crack?

Should I put those DLL's in their proper place in windows system 32 etc?

Beans

Update

that fixed my problem. Now my game is running, but with no sound. I know beggers can't be choosers, but has anyone managed to get sound working? Or know how to?

/edit/

pardon my double post I didn't see the edit button until after my second post.

Well I've gotten the sound working

though the game is crashing while it's loading up the level. i'm gunna keep messing with it to see if i can fix it. .

/edit2/
    Well I've got the game running now at currently all on medium hdr and bloom disabled. if you run the far cry 2 exe without the parameters you can run it full screen, though it doesn't seem to be able to work in any resolution other than 800x600 either way.

And the loader seems to work just fine for me.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by spwnt; October 28th, 2008 at 12:54 PM. Reason: update

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Hi,

I also tryed to get the Game running with a mixture of this and the Howto at winehq. (they are pretty the same)
    And it seems to run.
    "Seem" , because i only see a black screen, but i hear the sound of the game. I started in Win to play so i know that the Game menu is loaded.

I think the problem is my Ati FireGl 5200.

I know ATIs sucks with gameing in linux, but has anyone of you got it to run on an ATI?

Whats the Parameter for playing it windowed? For now i did with winecfg.

edit: While search for windowed mode I found in GamerProfil.xml an entry ShowFPS maybe that helps.
    windowed -> Fullscreen="0"
    Last edited by haswig; October 28th, 2008 at 04:00 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

haswig, Actually the command is in my first post to make any game play in a emulated desktop aka windows mode use the following command
    Code:
    wine explorer /desktop=Windows_Mode,1440x900 FarCry2.exe
    Also thanks for the tip on the section of "ShowFPS". I ended up using a wine command to show the FPS though. If you are interested, the command is:
    Code:
    WINEDEBUG=+fps
    Put that command in front of your wine command as in:
    Code:
    WINEDEBUG=+fps wine FarCry2.exe
    spwnt, Look over this quote from the appdb.
    In your home directory, there is a folder called "My Games" or something similar. Open the "GamerProfile.xml" and edit some settings (etc: resolution can be changed here, not in the game - IT WILL CRASH)

Widescreen Resolutions:

ResolutionX="1440"ResolutionY="900"
    ResolutionX="1280"ResolutionY="768"
    ResolutionX="1280"ResolutionY="720"
    ResolutionX="720"ResolutionY="480"

Standard Resolutions:

ResolutionX="1024"ResolutionY="768"
    ResolutionX="800"ResolutionY="600"
    ResolutionX="640"ResolutionY="480"
    ResolutionX="320"ResolutionY="240"

Everything above these resolutions seem to make the game much slower.
    asdfoo, If you haven't given up yet. You should remove the fbo from regedit. It has been reported as a bug and crashes the game like you said. Try this tweak
    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wine\Direct3D]
    "UseGLSL"="enabled"
    Remember though, I am using Wine 1.1.4, and you are currently using a different wine version. This could be the cause for some of your problems.

NOTE: Just letting everyone know, I am trying the appdb's HOWTO get far cry 2 running as well. I will let you know if it is any better or worse until then.

Good Luck,
    Sugi
    Last edited by Sugi; October 28th, 2008 at 05:07 PM.
    WINE: Super Meat Boy // Far Cry 2 // Lineage 2
    VirtualBox: Snapshots // OSE Issues
    アンディモリを聞いてください。

Beans
    Hidden!

I got a C++ runtime error...
    I did all of the previous steps except i installed the game through windows onto a windows partition. Any thoughts?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    What Linux Distribution Fits You?
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.4 Ghz | 3 GB DDR2 RAM | Nvidia GeForce 9600 GT | Ubuntu 9.04
    Get JDownloader Today!

Beans

now I'm getting a new error. I was getting resolution problems so I ran (not related to the game.)

Code:
    dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg
    and since then it hasn't been working. I reinstalled it and readded all the DLL's to the bin folder along with applying the crack but now I get this error when I try to run it.

Code:
    spwnt@spwnt-desktop:~$ cd /home/spwnt/.wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/Ubisoft/Far\ Cry\ 2/bin && wine explorer /desktop=Far_Cry_2,1440x900 FarCry2.exe
    fixme:actctx:parse_depend_manifests Could not find dependent assembly L"Microsoft.VC80.CRT"
    fixme:actctx:parse_depend_manifests Could not find dependent assembly L"Microsoft.VC80.CRT"
    err:module:import_dll Library MSVCP80.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Ubisoft\\Far Cry 2\\bin\\Dunia.dll") not found
    err:module:import_dll Library Dunia.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Ubisoft\\Far Cry 2\\bin\\FarCry2.exe") not found
    err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"C:\\Program Files\\Ubisoft\\Far Cry 2\\bin\\FarCry2.exe" failed, status c0000135
    MSVCP80.dll and Dunia.dll are in the bin folder. i'm not sure what to do.
    Last edited by spwnt; October 29th, 2008 at 12:40 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Quote Originally Posted by Sugi View Post
    asdfoo, If you haven't given up yet. You should remove the fbo from regedit. It has been reported as a bug and crashes the game like you said. Try this tweak Remember though, I am using Wine 1.1.4, and you are currently using a different wine version. This could be the cause for some of your problems.

Good Luck,
    Sugi
    Yeah... I disabled fbo and it either crashes with an out of memory message while loading or while playing the game with stuff set to the lowest settings.

btw, GLSL has been enabled by default since 0.9.46 or something

i gave up in frustration and resized my main partition to make room for windows, installed it and farcry 2 and that works perfectly.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast