Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: Far Cry 2

Beans

Re: HOWTO: Far Cry 2

Quote Originally Posted by haswig View Post
    Hi,

I also tryed to get the Game running with a mixture of this and the Howto at winehq. (they are pretty the same)
    And it seems to run.
    "Seem" , because i only see a black screen, but i hear the sound of the game. I started in Win to play so i know that the Game menu is loaded.

I think the problem is my Ati FireGl 5200.
    This is where I'm at too. The game says something about me using old drivers (I'm not) and then the screen (in the emulated desktop) goes black. I can hear the music though. But I'm using a Nvidia 8800GT, so were either having different problems with similar results or it has nothing at all to do with our specific cards or drivers.

Edit:

Progress! Ok, I tried starting the game through the launcher now, and that worked! Still get complaint about old drivers, but it works, so... Had to put all settings on low for now though, when I turned everything up, it crashed. Anyway, you try using the launcher, maybe it'll work for you too.

Edit2: Hmm, sometimes it's as if the whole world was filled with thick, brown smoke, i can only se stuff that's really close. Then it suddenly goes away. Anyone know whats causing this?
    Last edited by LokeTheDog; October 30th, 2008 at 09:52 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by LokeTheDog View Post

Edit2: Hmm, sometimes it's as if the whole world was filled with thick, brown smoke, i can only se stuff that's really close. Then it suddenly goes away. Anyone know whats causing this?
    Maybe that is the Malaria blur FX. Its normaly a bubbly, blury brown layer. It comes up when you should take your Malariameds. Dont know how to disable this one.

Beans

fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x90f6a8,0x00000000), stub!
    fixme:system:SystemParametersInfoW Unimplemented action: 59 (SPI_SETSTICKYKEYS)
    fixme:system:SystemParametersInfoW Unimplemented action: 53 (SPI_SETTOGGLEKEYS)
    fixme:system:SystemParametersInfoW Unimplemented action: 51 (SPI_SETFILTERKEYS)
    fixme:ntdll:NtQuerySystemInformation info_class SYSTEM_PERFORMANCE_INFORMATION
    fixme:dxgi:CreateDXGIFactory riid {7b7166ec-21c7-44ae-b21a-c9ae321ae369}, factory 0x90f4bc partial stub!
    fixme:dxgi:dxgi_factory_EnumAdapters iface 0x1bd6a8, adapter_idx 0, adapter 0x90f4d4 stub!

I am using a cracked (razor 1911) FarCry2.exe, I've got the files in the right places, I'm using Nvidia 8800 GT (later edition). I think I've got the latest drivers, not sure how to check that.
    Exact same setup here, and the exact same error. What no cd patch are you using Sugi? And how did you get past this LokeTheDog?
    Last edited by rlhawk; October 31st, 2008 at 07:16 PM.

Beans

Try using the regular launcher under "Wine" in "Programs". That works for me now. It's possible I changed something else too, can't remember.

As for the malaria effect, don't think that's the problem, seems more area related. Like, in the shack where you wake up after the first gunfight, that's one place where its brown. If I exit, it goes away, but comes back when I get closer to the shack again. Oh well, this seems to be a pretty buggy game, maybe it's just a regular bug.

Beans

I applied all the dlls to both the bin file and /windows/system32 for good measure but it still wont start. If I click on farcry2.exe nothing happens, if i try the autorun I get a launcher but when i press play it goes through some downloading thing then dissapears, and under the wine bit under applications, if i go under Programs there's no ubisoft. The install was fine except for punkbuster

Beans

I found out that it not starting was a problem with my drivers so i reinstalled them and it started only to get stuck on the online release date thing. So i downloaded the patch, but that didn't work, so i downloaded a cracked farcry2.exe and when i open that it says that my drivers are too old and when i click ok it closes

Beans

I have the same problem than lundman:

Code:
    wine: Call from 0x102e26df to unimplemented function iphlpapi.dll.IcmpCreateFile, aborting
    How can I fix it?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by G-Dub View Post
    I got a C++ runtime error...
    I did all of the previous steps except i installed the game through windows onto a windows partition. Any thoughts?
    I got the same error :\ how to fix that?

Beans

Hi guys,

I have the same error :
    C++ runtime error R6034
    while trying to launch FarCry.exe

My config :
    Ubuntu 8.04 / wine 1.1.10 , AMD64 X2, Geforce 8800 GT.
    No matter with drivers, Call of duty 2 and 4 are working fine.

I searched google for this error, it seems the problem is about msvcr80.dll
    Got it on DLL-files, but I still have this error.
    A message on DLL-files says this is not the good version of the file. Actually it seems like the only way to get the good dll is to install Microsoft Visual C++ .

I downloaded a tool called VCRedist.exe from microsoft. I think it aims at installing the latest libraries for C++ applications.
    I can launch it, but it fails copying dll files from a TEMP directory ( not present on my c: drive) to wine system32 folder.

has anyone find how to get the good C++ libraries for windows ? Or an easyer way to install Visual C++ environment ?

I continue searching, I'll tell you if I have news.

Beans

I'm getting the game up and running, not at max resolution but I'm crossing bridges by importance, right now I can deal with the resolution problem.

I'm having problems past the main menu. I can select story mode, choose a character, and get to a loading screen. But the game always crashes during that loading screen.

I've got a LOT of information in the terminal so I won't paste the entire wall of text, but here's the last few lines before the crash.

Code:
    fixme:d3d_shader:print_glsl_info_log Error received from GLSL shader #1168: "Fragment info\n-------------\n(0) : error C9008: malloc failed in \"mem_CreatePool\"\n"
    fixme:d3d_shader:set_glsl_shader_program >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> GL_OUT_OF_MEMORY (0x505) from Find glsl program uniform locations @ glsl_shader.c / 3265
    fixme:d3d_shader:set_glsl_shader_program >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> GL_INVALID_OPERATION (0x502) from glUseProgramObjectARB(programId) @ glsl_shader.c / 3277
    fixme:d3d_shader:hardcode_local_constants >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> GL_INVALID_OPERATION (0x502) from Hardcoding local constants
     @ glsl_shader.c / 3114
    fixme:d3d_shader:hardcode_local_constants >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> GL_INVALID_OPERATION (0x502) from Hardcoding local constants
     @ glsl_shader.c / 3114
    fixme:d3d_shader:shader_glsl_select >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> GL_INVALID_OPERATION (0x502) from glUseProgramObjectARB @ glsl_shader.c / 3406
    fixme:d3d:state_blend >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> GL_INVALID_OPERATION (0x502) from glEnable GL_BLEND @ state.c / 258
    fixme:d3d:sampler >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> GL_INVALID_OPERATION (0x502) from glActiveTextureARB @ state.c / 3433
    Segmentation fault
    I assume the malloc error in the first line relates to the C function malloc(), which would imply there are problems with allocating memory. I'm freshly converted to Linux, so I'm unfamiliar with this jargon.

Any advice?

Thanks in advance,
    Paul.
    Last edited by SketchyLlama; December 15th, 2008 at 12:20 PM. Reason: More info.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast