Thread: Intel 82854G Graphics Controller Driver

Beans

Intel 82854G Graphics Controller Driver

I recently installed Ubuntu 8.04 on my desktop computer. The Screen Res, is way out of whack, and i went searching for the driver for my graphics card. I found it on intels website, and it was downloaded as a .tar.gz or something like that. Im new to this, so i dont know exactly how to install this driver on the Ubunutu machine. I downloaded the file with another computer and transfered over with a usb flash drive.
    Also,i accidently deleted the taskbar on the bottom, where the windows get minimized. how do i get that back?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Re: Intel 82854G Graphics Controller Driver

Welcome to the forum.

What do you mean by your resolution problem? Is it perhaps that you have a wide screen and the image is stretched to cover the screen? There is an easy solution to that, but first give us some more information.

Open a terminal and type the following commands. Please post the output of the commands between CODE tags (see the # button in the posting page):

Code:
    lshw -C video
    Code:
    cat /etc/X11/xorg.conf | grep -i driver
    Say NO to software patents in the European Union!

Beans

Re: Intel 82854G Graphics Controller Driver

its ok, i figured it out, thanks! i just went to screens and graphics and my card was supported as=nd i fixed my screen resolution. Thank you for your help