Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Creative X-Fi Surround 5.1 USB

Re: Creative X-Fi Surround 5.1 USB

Thank you! REMOTE_DRIVER="alsa_usb" did the trick. Looks like there is no need for external config. You can just install LIRC, select "Creative USB IR Receiver (SB0540)" remote, "None" transmitter, and replace REMOTE_DRIVER to "alsa_usb" after installation. Then RM-850 detected like RM-1500. Almost all necessary buttons (and knob too) work except Left and Right buttons on remote. Looking at lircd.conf.alsa_usb I can say probably this two buttons have right codes in config:
    Code:
            up        0x1d
            left      0x1e
            ok        0x1f
            right     0x20
            down      0x21
    But Left and RIght not detected anyway. There is any way to find right codes for this two buttons?

I found right codes for Left and Rigtht buttons. It's a 0x27 for Left and 0x28 for Right. To get remote control working with Creative X-Fi Surround 5.1 install lirc package, While installation select None receiver, and None transmitter. After installation set REMOTE_DRIVER="alsa_usb" and START_LIRCD="true" in /etc/lirc/hardware.conf. Download this lircd.conf to /etc/lirc (I also put crystalizer and cmss buttons to config, so you can use this buttons for other applications).

Beans

I'm sorry for replying an old post.

Quote Originally Posted by jjpdijkstra View Post
    Dear Axel,

have you found a solution to the soundproblems with pulse and x-fi. I am really looking for a solution. Please respond with steps and maybe attached asound.conf or .asoundrc

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wkpalan
    The speaker starts to screech the moment Ubuntu starts. It keeps on screeching when any music is played through it. If anyone have any clue of how to fix this, please post it.

I'm running Natty, and using a creative Inspire T6160, the sound works normally in windows
    I managed to minimize the crackling by lowering the default sample rate. Open /etc/pulse/daemon.conf , then find

; default-sample-rate = 48000

change it to:

; default-sample-rate = 44100

save, and restart pulseaudio

Beans

Hi,

I would like somebody confirm if output analog audio signal (I don't mind digital) will be working properly for a 5.1 speaker setup following all the above instructions from previous posts.
    I would like to connect that usb sound card with s750 gigaworks but using only my Linux OS not Windows.

I have Ubuntu 11.10 oneiric (3.0.0-23-generic)

Thank you.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by adonp View Post
    Hi,

I would like somebody confirm if output analog audio signal (I don't mind digital) will be working properly for a 5.1 speaker setup following all the above instructions from previous posts.
    I would like to connect that usb sound card with s750 gigaworks but using only my Linux OS not Windows.

I have Ubuntu 11.10 oneiric (3.0.0-23-generic)

Thank you.
    this is what i did with XFi 5.1 USB and Logitech Z506 on 10.10. I recently found out that while the analog out works normaly, the analog in/mic in doesn't always work. I'm still trying to figure out why. The analog in (and headphone out) is connected to a Razer Chimaera wireless headset. BTW I also have this setup works under 12.04

Beans

DemonSpeedster thks for help and the link.
    Although I was about to buy this nice creative sound card, finally rejected my decision because my speakers suddenly failed again (after my first repair..) and then just noticed that my laptop has 5.1 capable analog audio with its "realtec ALC665" integrated card but gives only stereo on ubuntu 11.10. Hence, I'll try fix the 5.1 issue on alc665 card first, and if I fail, or if I succeed but sound quality sucks, I'll go for creative solution.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345