Thread: [SOLVED] TortoiseSVN equivilent?

Beans

[SOLVED] TortoiseSVN equivilent?

Hello everyone,

I have been looking around for a TortoiseSVN equivilent, but have not had much luck.

Currently I am using kdesvn on Ubuntu 8.04 which is a nice program but since it is an application, it is somewhat inconvenient for me to use (am a lazy SOB).

I would love to be able to open up a file browser, go to some checked out code, and see which files are current (with a check icon, like TortoiseSVN) and which files are out of date (with an "x" or something...) and to have a right-click menu for committing, reverting, etc...

Does anyone know of a program that does this?

Thanks for any suggestions!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: TortoiseSVN equivilent?

Try the nautilus-script-collection-svn package. Once it is installed, do
    Code:
    nautilus-script-manager enable Subversion
    to enable the scripts for your user. When you right-click files you should now have a new menu entry: Script -> Subversion.

Beans

Sweet! That is awesome! Thanks for that!

Now if only it would show icons...

Cheers!

Beans

Sort of a bump...

Does anyone know how to get icons to show up in Nautilus that denote whether or not files are current/outdated/etc? It would be ideal to have similar icons compared to TortoiseSVN (maybe even be able to have my own custom icons too...).

Basically I am looking for a clone of TortoiseSVN for Ubuntu

I am using kdesvn which is pretty much perfect except its not integrated with Nautilus...

Anyone know where I could find something like this? Any idea how hard it would be to code myself (a simplified version of course...)? Any links, suggestions, tips would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
    D

Beans

Re: [SOLVED] TortoiseSVN equivilent?

I have found out about NautilusSVN which is about as close as you can come to TortoiseSVN.

http://code.google.com/p/nautilussvn/

Check the "Issues" tab about installing on 8.04 because you need to move some files over.

Hope that helps someone!

Cheers,
    D

Beans

A clone of the tortoise tools is now available for Linux for many distributions which resolves all of the issues I have seen mentioned here. It's called RabbitVCS (http://rabbitvcs.org/). Linux users have been asking for a tool like this for as long as I can remember, so please broadcast news of this excellent tool to the numerous forum threads (not just for ubuntu) where people are all asking the same question.

You're welcome.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

RabbitVCS is good for small repositories, but useless for big ones. It can take minutes just to browse from one folder to another. I would not call this thread as SOLVED.