Thread: [SOLVED] Bookmarks in Thunar

Beans

[SOLVED] Bookmarks in Thunar

I've just started using XFCE. There doesn't seem to be a way to bookmark a directory from thunar.

It looks like it ought to be fairly easy to define a custom action to add directories to my existing gtk-bookmarks file, but I thought I'd check I'm not missing anything obvious before I do that.

Beans

Re: Bookmarks in Thunar

The shortcut pane on the left? Just drag and drop...

Beans

Re: Bookmarks in Thunar

Doh!

Now that was obvious. Thanks. My excuse is I tend to prefer the tree view. (Not much of one is it?)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: [SOLVED] Bookmarks in Thunar

Thanks kevin. Works for me, and definitely easy, but the thunar developers did something very stupid too. Be careful not to drag the folder onto another folder in the sidebar, or instead of creating a shortcut, it will start copying all your files (wtf!)

Beans

yeah I wouldn't say too obvious. i'll admit it makes sense when one reads about it, but for me i was looking for a "create bookmark" option in the drop-down menus. I think that is how I used to do it in Nautilus.

oh well i am glad I found this post as booksmarks sure are a time saver. yeah i know RTFM the next right?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by thaitang View Post
    yeah I wouldn't say too obvious. i'll admit it makes sense when one reads about it, but for me i was looking for a "create bookmark" option in the drop-down menus. I think that is how I used to do it in Nautilus.

oh well i am glad I found this post as booksmarks sure are a time saver. yeah i know RTFM the next right?
    Thanks for the feedback.
    However, this thread is too old to be bumped. Hence closed..
    Varun
    Help others by marking threads as [SOLVED], if they are. (See how)
    Wireless Script | Use Code Tags