Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: Why does Apple charge so much?

Beans

Re: Why does Apple charge so much?

I happen to be one of Apple's prime shareholders.

Yes, I have been doing incredibly well lately. The computer side of the business is steady, but boy, don't I make some money out of the peripherals? That wasn't actually a question.

So personally I am really quite happy with the pricing policy of Apple. They have been making what? I do forget, but I think it was 6 billion in the last financial year, as far a profits go, & profits are all I'm interested in. If Apple weren't making the profits then I would invest in MS or Intel or AMD, who care's? I don't, just give me the money.

It is so interesting to watch all the people that get SO anti corporations, when in reality they are missing the point, it is really ME, the tiny little share holder that is totally screwing our environment & our societies.

Huh! I almost feel guilt free, because the people don't notice me.

cprofitt is offline νόησις νοήσεως - nóesis noéseos
    Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by aceinthenight View Post
    Your byob could have the highest specs in the world, my Mac will have 5 times the build quality, an actual guarantee it will work, and it's operating system will always be the most advanced in the world.
    OS X is not the most advanced... technically it is one of the least secure modern operating systems as well. The desktops I build are of higher quality than anything Apple makes and I know 100% what goes in to both.

The laptops are VERY high quality, but when I bought mine I was not willing to pay $1152 more for a slight upgrade in looks and marginal upgrade in quality over my Lenovo T500.

My Lenovo was $1347 (it is actually $1280 right now due to a sale) vs. the roughly equivalent MacBook Pro 15" at $2499. With the current price difference I could almost buy two Lenovos for the price of one MacBook Pro... not a good value IMHO.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by d_skillz View Post
    LOL

C'mon they make better PCs than Windows, seriously overpriced though.
    thats the reason he responded that way, is not a matter of it being better than windows but creating an image of complete superiority, thus making themselves a must have ... provided u get the cash and can spare it..
    you will be then in wow macs users elite club, the super top of the pops, mr rolls royce of the computer world, (what nonsense)
    yet as u end it, it is better than windblows, but the price is just an illusion
    and as we ubuntu users know it is NOT a MUST to use apple computers ....
    any linux distro on any laptop is a lot cooler than a mac or windblows for me..
    Last edited by georgegerm; February 12th, 2009 at 04:37 AM.
    jimi hendrix
    q6600, gforce 8800gt, 4096 ocz reaperX, asus pn532-e, tagan tg600 super rock, ubuntu 10.10, mint 9, and win 7 ultimate
    to be nice is an issue to me

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by cprofitt View Post
    OS X is not the most advanced... technically it is one of the least secure modern operating systems as well. The desktops I build are of higher quality than anything Apple makes and I know 100% what goes in to both.

The laptops are VERY high quality, but when I bought mine I was not willing to pay $1152 more for a slight upgrade in looks and marginal upgrade in quality over my Lenovo T500.

My Lenovo was $1347 (it is actually $1280 right now due to a sale) vs. the roughly equivalent MacBook Pro 15" at $2499. With the current price difference I could almost buy two Lenovos for the price of one MacBook Pro... not a good value IMHO.
    Surely you didn't use the terms "Lenovo" and "quality" in the same post?

In my experience with hundreds of Lenovo machines, there has been little relationship between the two.

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819