Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Globe Visibility

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Talking Re: Globe Visibility

(Huawei E160) it works out of the box on intrepid. Just use the mobile wizard on the network-manager/nm-applet Globe Telecom setting is available but you have to change the Number to *99***1#, remove the APN value, remove username/password (password is persistent just leave it that way). After changing the settings you can now connect to Globe Visibility. The only thing I haven't figured out yet is to lock the connection to 3g and use Open DNS with the connection. Well other than that its works.
    Linux User #435593 | Xubuntu User #9638

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: Globe Visibility

Quote Originally Posted by garybrlow View Post
    (Huawei E160) it works out of the box on intrepid. Just use the mobile wizard on the network-manager/nm-applet Globe Telecom setting is available but you have to change the Number to *99***1#, remove the APN value, remove username/password (password is persistent just leave it that way). After changing the settings you can now connect to Globe Visibility. The only thing I haven't figured out yet is to lock the connection to 3g and use Open DNS with the connection. Well other than that its works.
    If you want to use opendns... you could set that up on Ubuntu's network properties (instead of setting up the dns values on the modem), that works better that setting it up on the modem (as for my experience).

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Question Re: Globe Visibility

hi gary. i have the huawei e160 modem and i tried what you suggested but i still cannot connect. it keeps saying that the connection has been disconnected. when i inserted the dongle, it was installed in ubuntu as e220. is that causing the problem?

thanks.

Beans
    Distro

Wink Re: Globe Visibility

Globe's Visibility configurations has changed somewhat. Try using these settings:
    1) Using the wizard use the Globe Telecom default setting.
    2) In the Mobile Broadband Tab, leave the Number as is (*99#) do not change it like the
    previous config (*99***1#). The previous setting works for Windows but fails in
    X/K/Ubuntu.
    3) Remove the Username but leave the Password unchanged.
    4) Remove the APN.
    5) Leave the PPP settings unchanged.
    6) In the IPv4 Settings Tab, set method to Automatic. Click ok and try the connection.

(Was able to post this using the above configuration.)

Beans
    Distro

Globe's Visibility configurations has changed somewhat. Try using these settings:
    1) Using the wizard use the Globe Telecom default setting.
    2) In the Mobile Broadband Tab, leave the Number as is (*99#) do not change it like the
    previous config (*99***1#). The previous setting works for Windows but fails in
    X/K/Ubuntu.
    3) Remove the Username but leave the Password unchanged.
    4) Remove the APN.
    5) Leave the PPP settings unchanged.
    6) In the IPv4 Settings Tab, set method to Automatic. Click ok and try the connection.

(Was able to post this using the above configuration.)
    wow guys, thanks!

i was contemplating on getting a globe visibility but was wondering if i can make it work on my ubuntu desktop.

i guess it does so im gonna try it for myself.

Beans
    Distro

Talking Re: Globe Visibility

For those who want to use Globe Visibility with OpenDns, I finally figured out the setting to make it work. In my previous post (#35) follow everything until step 3.
    Step 4 and onwards, as follows:

4) Instead of removing the APN, replace it with "http.globe.com.ph".
    5) Leave the PPP settings unchanged.(No change for step 5)
    6) In the IPv4 Settings Tab, do not change the actual default setting
    "Automatic (PPP) address only". Just replace the default DNS servers with the OpenDNS
    public ip addresses "208.67.222.222,208.67.220.220". Click ok and try the connection.

Note: You can use the APN part with the full "Automatic (PPP)" setting as well.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

It seems that my Globe Visibility mf626 is not detected. Is this supporteD?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

try mo na nakasaksak na yung usb modem then ON mo pc mo.

ganyan ginagawa ko sa PLDT WeRoam Plan on a ZTE MF622 usb modem. badtrip nga kasi minsan detected sa modem but most of the time usb drive. restart lang me untl makuha cya.
    Linux Registered User # 462237
    Ubuntu User # 20080

eMachines D725 (Intel® Pentium® Dual-core T4300, 2GB RAM, 320GB HDD)

Beans

I don't like Globe so much but it's interesting to know that visibility works for Ubuntu.

Beans

For those who want to use Globe Visibility with OpenDns, I finally figured out the setting to make it work. In my previous post (#35) follow everything until step 3.
    Step 4 and onwards, as follows:

4) Instead of removing the APN, replace it with "http.globe.com.ph".
    5) Leave the PPP settings unchanged.(No change for step 5)
    6) In the IPv4 Settings Tab, do not change the actual default setting
    "Automatic (PPP) address only". Just replace the default DNS servers with the OpenDNS
    public ip addresses "208.67.222.222,208.67.220.220". Click ok and try the connection.

Note: You can use the APN part with the full "Automatic (PPP)" setting as well.
    gary, you're the man!!! thanks bro

i've been to a lot of headaches on manual setup using usb_modeswitch and wvdial since i can't find any guide on using the gnome network manager until i found your post. it worked flawlessly, hurrraaay! we just need the right configuration.

by the way, do you know what settings should we use for the smartbro usb dongle?

many thanks again

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast