Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Window title blur problem (under Compiz/Emerald and good hardware)

Beans

Window title blur problem (under Compiz/Emerald and good hardware)

Hi, my problem is that I'm trying to enable blur effect in windows title bar (like vista), using emerald and compiz, but when i enable the blur plugin(from compiz settings manager), the title bar gets solid, grey-like color (I also tryied mipmap, bilinear, gauss, i also activated the mipmap option in "window decorator plugin", but nothing). Actually, no transparency blurs what is behind it, it only gets dark, and i also clarify that mi current emerald theme is transparent.
    The other blur plugin (the one that blurs the window when you move it) works great, which makes me think that there are no hardware problems (ati 3100). Other effects works very smoothly, really great, and mi CPU is an AMD quad core.

Thank you, and sorry for my english in case you didn't undestand something.

Beans

Re: Window title blur problem (under Compiz/Emerald and good hardware)

Exactly same problem here and annoying. Worked fine for me on 8.04. All of a sudden doesn't work on 8.10. Hope someone finds a solution cos I miss my blurred title bars.

Beans

Up to now, we are the only three people from all around the world with that very problem (plus another guy in another forum).

No answers for us. By now...

Beans

afaik this is an ATI driver issue - same problem here with a 4850

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 9.10 Karmic Koala

You're not the only ones. I have the same exact problem. EVERYTHING works except the blur plugin. Motion blur works fine and so does every other plugin. I'm using an ATI Mobility Radeon x600 on my laptop. When I ran Hardy on here, everything worked perfectly. Once I installed Intrepid, blur no longer works. I am using the latest compiz and plugins compiled from Git.

Beans

So we are 4... we can set a guild now haha
    I'm still with hardy... and never found a solution. Lets hope this thread revival can lead to a solution... We all share the same thing: ATI.

Greetings from Argentina

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 9.10 Karmic Koala

Question Re: Window title blur problem (under Compiz/Emerald and good hardware)

Quote Originally Posted by nahuel_89p View Post
    So we are 4... we can set a guild now haha
    I'm still with hardy... and never found a solution. Lets hope this thread revival can lead to a solution... We all share the same thing: ATI.

Greetings from Argentina
    Blur worked perfectly under Hardy for me. It was only when I switched to Intrepid that I had this problem.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

oh so THAT'S what the blur plugin is supposed to do! i had no idea cause nothing changed when i activated it, i'ma go see if it works haha.
    Desktop: eMachines T5046 w/ intel pentium 3.07 Ghz 1.5Gb RAM, nvidia geForce 8400 w/ 512Mb RAM, running dual-boot XP and ubuntu 9.04
    Laptop: HP 6735s w/ aMD turion x2 64 2.0Ghz, 2GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD 3200, with dual-boot Vista and Jaunty

Beans
    Distro
    Gutsy Gibbon Testing

We are 5 now ( I mean - me too.. ).
    ..the rest of the world became increasingly smaller.

Beans

Nobody solved this yet? Worked fine for me on the same hardware with Hardy. No idea why it doesn't work now (with ibex). Such a cool effect.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast