Thread: Digital TV Tuner Problems

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Angry Digital TV Tuner Problems

Hello!
    I have an Acer Aspire E700 PC, which came with Windows Vista. Under Vista I could use the Media Center to record from the digital tuner. I never did like this set-up, the proprietary Microsoft format means I can't edit, copy, or view on another machine the recorded videos. I have Ubuntu on a laptop, and decided to dual-boot it on this machine too.

This is my problem: My TV Tuner card is not recognised by Ubuntu/MythTV. In Windoze the device manager says "Hauppauge WinTV-HVR 67xx" is the tuner device, however a Google search reveals very little info about this, and no tutorial I have found says how to install it. I myself know very little about it, there was no documentation with the computer about the tuner. (Typical!). I saw on some tutorial people running:
    Code:
    dmesg | grep card
    and getting something about their card. I just get:
    Code:
    dmesg | grep card
    [   20.081659] isapnp: Scanning for PnP cards...
    [   20.472231] EISA: Detected 0 cards.
    [   39.488185] saa7133[0]: subsystem: 0070:6700, board: UNKNOWN/GENERIC [card=0,autodetected]
    [   39.821301] saa7133[0]/alsa: saa7133[0] at 0xefbff000 irq 23 registered as card -2
    The bit that says: "subsystem: 0070:6700" seems to mention the 67xx in the tuners Windows name, so I'm guessing that Ubuntu can "see" the card in the motherboard.
    But now I am stuck. How, if at all, do I get this bloody card to work?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Digital TV Tuner Problems