View Poll Results: Should there be a native Linux verion of Dreamweaver/Adobe CS4?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, there should be a Linux version of Dreamweaver.

21 67.74%
  • No, Linux users are too small a demographic to worry about.

2 6.45%
  • I don't care. I'm not even sure why I bothered to vote.

8 25.81%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dreamweaver for Linux

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Exclamation Dreamweaver for Linux

I just spent some time talking with a couple of very sympathetic reps in the sales and customer support departments of Adobe.

I explained Dreamweaver and their web suite of products are last reason I remain tied to Windows. I have Dreamweaver 8 (and have it working nearly perfectly in WINE) and I am not opposed to paying for their software. But I really want/need a Linux version.

The sales rep said, "really, unless we heard from hundreds of people daily, we're not likely to spend the resources." I said, "do you really want that?" Both departments gave an emphatic, "yes."

Here's the link to the web form:
    http://www.adobe.com/bin/webfeedback.cgi

Here's the sales toll free number:
    800-585-0774 Monday to Friday 5:00 AM - 7:00 PM (Pacific time)
    Saturday 6:00 AM - 6:00 PM (Pacific time)

Needless to say, be polite when you write or call.

Statistically, these companies know each caller represents 18 other people who feel the same way. So your voice does make a large difference!

Thanks!

Ron
    Are you good enough to go to heaven?

anewguy is offline I Ubuntu, Therefore, I Am
    Beans
    Distro

Wink Re: Dreamweaver for Linux

I'll be the first to admit I've never used Dreamweaver though I have friends who do. For Linux, I use Quanta Plus - you can do all the CSS stuff, simple things like mouse over, mouse out and all those types of things, a regular editor for use with html and derivatives, etc.. If you haven't looked at it yet you may want to take a peak and see if it will suffice for you (not saying it will, but worth a look).

Dave

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: Dreamweaver for Linux

Done and done - submitted a few polite comments requesting native Linux products from Adobe. Here's hoping it'll make a difference!

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by anewguy View Post
    I'll be the first to admit I've never used Dreamweaver though I have friends who do. For Linux, I use Quanta Plus - you can do all the CSS stuff, simple things like mouse over, mouse out and all those types of things, a regular editor for use with html and derivatives, etc.. If you haven't looked at it yet you may want to take a peak and see if it will suffice for you (not saying it will, but worth a look).

Dave
    Dave, Quanta Plus is good, and has some great features, but it's still not the same animal.

Obviously, I don't want really get into all that here. Nor do I want to get into reasons why xyz is better or why WSIWYG is for lamers, etc. I'd like to keep this thread limited to those of us who love Linux and love Dreamweaver. I know first hand the number is growing daily.

But thanks for the suggestion Dave! I do appreciate it. It's because of this forum and it's users that Ubuntu is great!
    Are you good enough to go to heaven?

Beans

Well Dreamweaver I myself don't need as I have tools that meet my need for them.

However DreamWeaver is good for noob Web Makers and I do think we need that on Linux as it is a great tool for someone like my mother.

So really it just depends on the person.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Done, and BTW whether you use the product or not, it is productive to vote for linux versions of ANY software as this only helps better the community and growth of Linxu/Ubuntu in general.

OS: Kubuntu 12.04 LTS|| CPU: AMD Athlon 64x2 || RAM: 3GB DDR2(PC-6400) || Display: NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT 1024mb

vim is more than enough for me thanks
    im dyslexic, please don't comment on my spelling
    blender 3d artist, visit my portfolio
    Quad-Ren, Open source, resolution independent 2D graphics engine
    Screen space is a precious resource, don't waste it

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I have posted a comment, and I tried to get them to see that porting the system from Mac to Linux is actually less work than they might think... (in a polite way of course) and also expressed my willingness to pay for the product if it became available for linux. Hopefully if enough of us do this they'll finally do SOMETHING about it.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Yes!! This is a huge reason I still have windows.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by Northsider View Post
    Yes!! This is a huge reason I still have windows.
    I'm not saying don't vote by all means do, but as a temporary solution you could try Dreamweaver in wine, I have it working great on my system.

OS: Kubuntu 12.04 LTS|| CPU: AMD Athlon 64x2 || RAM: 3GB DDR2(PC-6400) || Display: NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT 1024mb

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast