Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: suse is microsoft?

Beans

Re: suse is microsoft?

thats your opinion...
    care to clarify your opinion on why? without a stupid reason such as "because they have made a deal with microsoft"

Beans

Because I care about freedom, obviously unlike you.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by glotz View Post
    Because I care about freedom, obviously unlike you.
    obviously you don't understand the situation. novell is a big contributor to many open source projects that you probably use. So in short, you use novell's applications but you refuse to use their distribution. it's hypocrite.

Beans

I don't use Novell's applications. You're free to. Pun intended.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I don't use Novell's applications. You're free to. Pun intended.
    well do you use gnome, kde, xorg etc.. novell contributes to all

Beans

ok Glotz... well, Novell hire many many Linux kernel developers....
    so are you going to stop using the Linux kernel?
    Lol.
    your a numbskull
    Last edited by symon1980; December 6th, 2008 at 02:11 PM.

Beans

@cb951303 Do you think that Micro$oft is an open source company because of codeplex? You guys should read some history, check out M$' track record. It's the 4X and divide et impera all the way thru. It's been dirty tricks right from the very beginning. Novell's just their latest acquisition. Did you already forget the statements they made that Linux violates 234 or what ever the number was of their patents? Now Novell's their buddy and all other GNU/Linux distros suddenly are a "grey zone" if you believe their lies. Don't drink their kool aid.

Beans

You better stay clear of Linux altogether than because Novell and Suse/OpenSUSE have contributed to A LOT of things that you use in your *buntu as well. Besides openSUSE is NOT SUSE Enterprise..notice the "open" part. Do you think it's there for no reason?

Beans

If they don't want me to use their software, they had better not use the GPL license. Maybe do some reading on copyleft.

And regarding opensuse... it's their testing platform, just like Fedora is for Red Hat. I had no beef with Novell prior to the deal, probably ditto for many opensuse developers.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

@cb951303 Do you think that Micro$oft is an open source company because of codeplex? You guys should read some history, check out M$' track record. It's the 4X and divide et impera all the way thru. It's been dirty tricks right from the very beginning. Novell's just their latest acquisition. Did you already forget the statements they made that Linux violates 234 or what ever the number was of their patents? Now Novell's their buddy and all other GNU/Linux distros suddenly are a "grey zone" if you believe their lies. Don't drink their kool aid.
    I don't argue with your ideas (even though I don't believe them) I'm just saying don't be a hypocrite by using the applications contributed by opensuse but not using open suse.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast