Thread: Please Help

Beans

Lightbulb Please Help

i will instal wubi 8.4.1 on my laptop but i dont know if it is compatible here is the specification

Model: Toshiba Satellite L35 sp4116
    Ram:512mb DDR2
    HDD:40gb Sata:
    So:Windows Xp Professional Sp2

so please help me because i love ubuntu and i want to try it so some can say me if it is compatible whit my laptop

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: Please Help

Quote Originally Posted by bxCarlosUbuntxd View Post
    i will instal wubi 8.4.1 on my laptop but i dont know if it is compatible here is the specification

Model: Toshiba Satellite L35 sp4116
    Ram:512mb DDR2
    HDD:40gb Sata:
    So:Windows Xp Professional Sp2

so please help me because i love ubuntu and i want to try it so some can say me if it is compatible whit my laptop
    Hi and welcome, you can always download the live cd and try if to see if you have any issues.

Beans

Thumbs down Re: Please Help

Quote Originally Posted by overdrank View Post
    Hi and welcome, you can always download the live cd and try if to see if you have any issues.
    hi and thx for ur answer i have the .iso file but when i try to boot to the live cd it says

Install Ubuntu
    Install ubuntu on safe graphical mode
    Use Grub (or something like that)
    Check Memory

because wubi.exe from wubiinstaller.org but im scare it can screw my laptop.

i heard the installation is easy and u can uninstall like a program but it have some video issues and some things that make me to doubt about installing or not

and sorry if i have bad english but i am mexican

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

hi and thx for ur answer i have the .iso file but when i try to boot to the live cd it says

Install Ubuntu
    Check Memory

i heard the installation is easy and u can uninstall like a program but it have some video issues and some things that make me to doubt about installing or not

Hi and I have not used WUbi but I was speaking of booting off the live cd. If you have the system setup to boot from cd then you can just boot from the cd and run ubuntu as a test without installing.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Install Ubuntu
    Check Memory

Heh, that's alright, your english is a helluva lot better than my spanish...

It sort of sound like you may have the alternative install disk. The live cd should boot up a full operating system without having to install anything.
    Make sure you have the right disk. If it doesn't work, post back the specs on your system. Maybe someone can buy you a clue.
    eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeebuntu user!
    Registered Linux User #386750

chown -R us base

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (testing)

It is advised to use a descriptive topic title; that means use a topic title that gives some clue about the content in the thread itself...

A generic topic title like "noob here" or "need help" does not help at all. As you may have notices, just about everyone posting in here has some kind of a problem or issue or question

Just imagine what these forums would look like if everybody would just post "Help" or "Noob here". What do you think how many people will still look at such threads?

Furthermore, for unrelated questions it's also adviced to open a seperate thread for each one, so that each problem can be addressed (and eventually marked as solved) individually.