Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do I create GTK Theme Graphics?

Beans

How do I create GTK Theme Graphics?

I Googled "How to Create GTK Themes" and could only find instructions on how to manipulate the actual files. What I want to know is what graphics I need to create for a full GTK theme. I want to know the correct sizes for the graphics such as height and width for the windows border and minimize window button.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Re: How do I create GTK Theme Graphics?

The sizes of images vary by theme. Also, there's no fixed set of images that you need to create... a theme could have a different image for every type of object, or use one image for everything.

My suggestion is to find a full pixmap theme, and start editing the files there.

Beans

Yes that is one options to edit an existing theme.. but is there any software using which we can create GTK themes... even i would like to know.. let us know...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Quote Originally Posted by aschwerin.moses View Post
    Yes that is one options to edit an existing theme.. but is there any software using which we can create GTK themes... even i would like to know.. let us know...
    It's been asked about before, but it's probably never going to happen. The problem is that there are many different engines (pixmap, clearlook, murrine), each with their own method of coding. To make a program that can use all of these would probably just create a mess of code...

I suppose a program could be made just for the pixmaps engine, but it's pretty much easier to just replace the graphics in an existing theme.

Beans

so how are GTK themes made..

come on guys.. suggest a software or something as how to create gtk themes.. googled it and found none that were helpful..

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

I'm also interested in creating GTK themes... any good resources you know of?

Beans

http://glade.gnome.org/index.html I searched the web for some time. I think this might be good for u guyz.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Argama View Post
    http://glade.gnome.org/index.html I searched the web for some time. I think this might be good for u guyz.
    Thank you.. i downloaded it.. when i tried to configure it.. it gives an error

No package 'gtk+-2.0' found
    No package 'libxml-2.0' found

tried to install them, none found in repository...

.... if anyones knows another software.. please let us know guys..

Beans

Try installing the libgtk2.0-dev through snynaptic package manager.

that might give you everything you need

One theme i has tried to complie complained about gtk+ 2.0 not being found and i installed that and it didnt complain anymore

the other package you might need is the libxml2-dev package
    Last edited by IceReaver75; December 13th, 2008 at 06:27 AM. Reason: adding on

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Argama View Post
    This is a GTK user interface designer, not theme designer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast