Thread: Embroidery Digitzing Software which runs under Ubuntu..preferably Free :)

Beans

Embroidery Digitzing Software which runs under Ubuntu..preferably Free :)

I am new to the forums, so If I did post this in the wrong location I apologize. I run a custom apparel shop and I was wondering if there are any decent digitzing programs that run under Ubuntu I could use for my embroidery machine? Any advice and help would be greatly appreciated.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Embroidery Digitzing Software which runs under Ubuntu..preferably Free :)

Hi

Go to System/Administration/Synaptic Packet Manager and enter your password. Search for kxstitch and install.

Link to kxstitch website for screenshots/handbook/Q+A etc
    http://kxstitch.sourceforge.net/

To run software you will need to go to Applications/Accessories/Terminal and type kxstitch (no caps).

Don't know if it will be able to save in the file format of your machine, but probably best bet.

Hope this helps

Darren
    Last edited by Darkstar_444; October 11th, 2008 at 05:59 PM.

Beans

whatever anyone else may say the industry standard is Wilcom Digitizing software their beginnings were in developing software for Melco and then went out on thier own to then supply software to Barudan and Tajima under thier own respective brands. This ceased some years ago and they did a great buy back offer of theses softwares so customers could continue to upgrade thier software and get product support from Wilcom. Currently they have a new product that has intergated with corel draw its really great and can also be used to prepare artwork for screen printing. there a 3 entry levels so you can start with a basic system and up grade if you feel the need to be more creative. Im not a sales person although I might sound like one but I have used the software for some 10 years now and have looked at others but stil have not found anything better

Beans

Wink Re: Embroidery Digitzing Software which runs under Ubuntu..preferably Free :)

Embroidery Digitzing Software which runs under Ubuntu..preferably Free
    Check it out: Embrace the Ubuntu Philosophy
    Open Source
    GNU

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

we do vinyl shirts - signs - decals in linux

i have been thinking of adding Embrodery to our line i will have to try this out

what machines are compatable in ubuntu
    We specialize is custom work for all sports teams and any special event. we also do work for business store fronts as well as auto decals www.hometown-graphics.com http://s684.photobucket.com/albums/v...hicago%20LoCo/

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Wife just got an embroidery machine and also looking for some conversion software for it without spending thousands of dollars. Will give ksstitch a try, but she is looking for something other than x stitch software.
    ASUS Rog Strix, among others, am an old puter hoarder. (Old and Old puters)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

i dont believe thre is another one out there but i havent looked in some time.

embroidery and vinyl cutting are 2 areas that are so specialized that they havent made alot of progress.

just in the past year or so vinyl cutting and engravers have made alot of progress. with software like tux plot. for hpgl format

good luck
    We specialize is custom work for all sports teams and any special event. we also do work for business store fronts as well as auto decals www.hometown-graphics.com http://s684.photobucket.com/albums/v...hicago%20LoCo/

Beans

hello,

did anyone of you got succes with the program kxstitch ?
    I would also like to embroider and use it? Is there a tutorial available ?