Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Lenovo Ideapad S10 success stories?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

Re: Lenovo Ideapad S10 success stories?

Quote Originally Posted by m3ph View Post
    I got everything except my battery charge meter running. It shows me 0% charge all the time...
    What could be causing this?
    Try the 8th post in this thread, m3ph. I'm not sure you have the exact same problem, but it is worth a look, no? Good luck.

Beans

Smile Re: Lenovo Ideapad S10 success stories?

so was anyone able to make the mic work? please reply, i'm about to get the S10 and i'm so stoked about it

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Quote Originally Posted by drinkmocha View Post
    so was anyone able to make the mic work? please reply, i'm about to get the S10 and i'm so stoked about it
    The mic works perfectly fine for me. I don't have it working with skype yet because skype defaults to the mic port, not the actual internal mic. I'm sure I just have to do a pulse audio change to get the 'Front Mic' to be recognized from skype. I would recommend doing the pulse audio update in the Tips and Tricks section.

I have absolutely everything working from the start. I'm surprised some of you are having issues. The only thing out of the ordinary was fixing pulse audio, which was very easy. Oh, and the touchpad driver fix was needed too.

-bt
    Lenovo s10 Netbook: Jaunty
    Desktop: Jaunty amd64

Beans

cool, thanks. i found a fix for the weird trackpad issue here: http://slacy.com/blog/2008/12/vertic...vo-s10-ubuntu/

now i need to fix my audio, it's too soft/low.

Beans

okay, i can't get the mic to work on skype. i already changed the settings to use 'pulse audio'. help anyone? please.
    Last edited by drinkmocha; January 15th, 2009 at 04:05 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Quote Originally Posted by drinkmocha View Post
    okay, i can't get the mic to work on skype. i already changed the settings to use 'pulse audio'. help anyone? please.
    I'm going to try and get skype working for me tomorrow. Can't do it tonight, don't want to wake my wife up When I get it working i'll report back.

If you are still having audio issues follow this thread:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=789578

It fixed all of my audio issues. Before applying the fix I was having a lot of weird audio issues related the bugs mentioned in that thread. After going through it they all went away.
    Lenovo s10 Netbook: Jaunty
    Desktop: Jaunty amd64

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

Mic problems? Really? I had none.

I don't use skype but occasionally use Ventrilo under wine. I was surprised that the mic worked for me in vent. So few do.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

I can't make Skype to see the front mic too. I can see it in the control panel like a "front mic", but skype only tries to connect to the line in mic. I don't see many topics with Ubuntu running on Lenovo S10. Is really we're not too many of them ?

Beans

I got the internal microphone working (incl. Skype) by installing the 2.6.27-11 kernel from the "proposed" repo.

HTH

Beans

Thanks for the replies. I read a blog a while back where the guy was able to get a refund on his xp license. It was an incredibly tedious process and he only saw it through to prove a point and definitely not because it was convenient.

Knowing that, it's not that important to me.

I've been running 8.10 on my s10 for about 4 weeks now and it's pretty much worked flawlessly. Compiz effects work beautifully which was a surprise to me. I expected latency or for it not to work AT ALL.

Wireless network worked outta the box. I love this thing. I carry it EVERYWHERE.

For those that want to create a usb install download an ISO and use UNETbootin to create the boot usb disk.

It was that simple for me. I tried to use the "Create a USB Start Up Disk" option from the "System" drop down menu and it did not work.
    Last edited by //yardo; January 20th, 2009 at 11:08 PM. Reason: Add info

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast