Thread: HomePna issues again with hardy

Hybrid View

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

HomePna issues again with hardy

as much as i hate posting this new thread...I'm going to anyway.
    alright, here's the what's going on:
    i found a diamond HomeFree Phoneline Networking Desktop Pac, at the local salvation army for a dollar, it was still sealed in the packaging, so i figured why not. after spending a couple hours poking around the forums i got it up and going.. at least the filesharing part of it. It does use the same amd chipset that the others posted about have as well(79c978 i think it was).
    then while getting ready to move a file from my mom's computer to mine. smb4k froze and actually locked everything up, forcing me to reboot. now.. its not coming up at all anymore. the lights on the card still light up and happily flash back and forth; but so far i haven't been able to get access to the other computer since. That being said...im too frustrated to deal with it anymore tonight.

anyone feel like taking this one on?

Beans
    Distro

Cool Re: HomePna issues again with hardy

nobody? or has no one spotted this yet? after looking i see the post is way back on page 4 already,

Beans
    Distro

Post Re: HomePna issues again with hardy

*sighs* consider this project scrapped then. Mom's computer was having all sorts of issues due to this card. slowed it down to a crawl, and most of the time the pages wouldn't load the first time, so i pulled the card from her computer. no card in hers means no point in messing with it at all.
    would have been nice to share a 56k connection though. no broadband options available here..should say no affordable ones, or ones that would be worth while. wi-fi and satellite are toast here over half the year. rain and snow mess with both and cloud cover kill satellite altogather... is sad really.