Thread: Seeking a Presenter for the Computer Club of Oklahoma City

Beans

Smile Seeking a Presenter for the Computer Club of Oklahoma City

I'm new to using Ubuntu, since I recently purchased a netbook that has this operating system. I'm Windows user, but I am facinated with Ubuntu.

I also belong to the the Computer Club of OKC and it would be fantastic if someone would give us a presentation on the OS. There has been alot of discussion of Open Source software in my computer club. Our club is located in NW Oklahoma City and we have monthly presentation on new technology and software. These are hour presentations and I think our group would really benefit from seeing an alternative OS.

If anyone is interested in doing this please contact me and can give you further details and information.

Bill James
    Member, Board of Directos, Computer Club of OKC
    405-739-0035
    wijames(at)sbcglobal.net
    Last edited by willjam; October 8th, 2008 at 06:03 PM. Reason: add addy

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: Seeking a Presenter for the Computer Club of Oklahoma City

Hey Bill!

I really hope someone can step up and do this, I unfortunately am usually busy and have trouble finding time to really invest in the group or get a presentation together. Feel free to ask questions here or if you want to hop on IRC I usually watch it while working during the day, and there are a couple people idling that may liven up at the sight of a new person

Great to see Ubuntu spreading in Oklahoma!

Beans

Hi Bill - thanks for posting. Sorry you haven't had more of a response yet.

-james.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by willjam View Post
    If anyone is interested in doing this please contact me and can give you further details and information.
    Are you still interested in a presenter? I just found this thread today so I know I might be really late but I wanted to at least find out if this was dead or not.

I'm a XUbuntu user in the OKC area and have been using Linux exclusively at home since Breezy Badger (5.10)

Don't know if I can be any help but I'd like to see Linux grow in the area.

Justin

Beans

Hi Justin,

We are still interested in having a presenter for our computer club. If you are still interested, would you be available in May 21st? Please contact me and I can give you further information.

Bill James
    Member of Board of Director, Computer Club of OKC
    405-739-0035
    wijames@sbcglobal.net

Beans

This is an interesting discussion. thank you for sharing

calcul pret assurance simulation taux emprunt immobilier - Taux emprunt immobilier. Comparez les offres d’emprunt immobilier, simulation emprunt immobilier, taux emprunt immobiliercalcul pret assurance simulation taux emprunt immobilier

Beans

Hey,

Do you want any additional presentations? (follow-ups...etc.)

I've been doing a lot lately with Linux Mint (a visually stunning edition of Ubuntu). Lately, I've been playing with VirtualBox for Linux. (Sometimes, you need a Windows OS).

I also specialize in computer history (1975-1985). The past is just as fascinating as the future is to me.

Email me if you like: dr.joshuaw AT gmail DOT com
    I'll be in Oklahoma City from October 2009 through Feb 2010

~Wedekind

Beans

I must agree it really is, thanks as well...

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I'm surprised I just now saw this thread...

I'm a member of OKC LUGnuts (http://okclugnuts.org/), and I'm sure that I speak on behalf of all our members when I say that we would be happy to help the CCOKC however we can.

Unfortunately, it seems that I'm almost always busy or out of town on the first Thursday, so I am rarely able to make it to the Linux SIG. However, I would imagine that they would probably also help (especially since they meet in the same building as the CCOKC, IIRC).

Please feel free to contact me at charlie at stuphlabs dot com if we can ever be of assistance.