Thread: app like sound recorder?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Lubuntu

app like sound recorder?

looking for an app like sound recorder for lubuntu to help test my usb headphones. Ideally should be able to record and playback sounds, I tried audacity, seemed too complicated. Selecting sound devices would be nice, but is not required. TIA.

Re: app like sound recorder?

This may help...
    Record what comes out of your speakers

where I specify "To use it." you should input your MIC source, then run the script until you are done with "Check check" and then Ctrl+C. Look in /home directory for *.wav files.

Hope that helps.
    Windows assumes the user is an idiot.
    Linux demands proof.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

You could simply install sound-recorder as well. On my Lubuntu install, where I accept I have already added nautilus, so perhaps there were fewer dependencies than you may have, all I needed were two packages, gnome-media and libgnome-media-profiles, just over 200KB in total.

Incidentally I have also installed pulseaudio on to this old laptop with Lubuntu OS as without it any recordings I made were played about half speed; something I never found the reason for when using alsa alone. PA seems to have overcome many of the original problems that were seen when it first appeared a few years back, or perhaps I just understand how to use it now.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Lubuntu

thanks